new lionfish

killa

i just purchased a 3inch black volatin lion today and he looks great, i just love their long fins.
i have a number of queries.
1. the lfs was feeding them shrimp and gambusia and i know this is bad so i was wondering the best way to train him is.
2. he has a very large gut at the moment, it is really round. is this because of too much feeding or is he sick? the lfs said they had been fed alot.
3. i have a fairly strong current flow in my tank from one large powerhead. he doesnt seem to like it that much and just sits there. when i turned it down he seemed to enjoy it and moved around. will he get used to the strong waterflow or should i just have the pump turned down constantly?
im sorry for the long post any help would be great.

killa

thanks jwtrojan,
gambusia are a small freshwater minnow, would they have the same effects as goldfish? would shrimps be okay to get him eating if he does not take frozen food or does this harm the fish aswell. i can get shrimps out of my local river. his belly seems to have gone down over night which looks much better.
thanks

grouperhead

Of the many lions I've fed, all of them's favorite food were freeze dried krill. They would all take them like candy from the surface or off a feeder stick. Good luck with your fish. Bo