New LR: hitchiker

reefkprz

your not going to believe what hitched a ride home in my LR today. I bought some nice shelvy pieces out of a display to break up for fragging and I got it home and in the tank, a couple hours later I noticed something in my tank that doesnt belong there. I dont know If I'm going to keep it or not. but its the first time I have ever gotten a fish as a hitchiker. you can imagine how suprised I was.

b0bby1

thats cool...but wen u buy LR, isnt it in a bag with no water. how would the fish survive.
at least wen i get my LR from the LFS thers no water in the bag

reefkprz

I always bring a bucket and fully submerge my LR in water for the trip home. the only pet store that refused to fill my bucket wiith water lost an expensive sale, the next time I went in the manager assured me that from then on my purchases would be packaged as I wanted. since I bring my own bucket they kinda look dumb saying no. I do this to prevent any die off on the rock even a fifteen minute ride home IMO is worth keeping it under water but I'm kinda neurotic that way. this time it paid off in droves. I'm probably going to return it to the store tommorrow but its a fun find.