New LTA!

jimmy g

Here is a couple pics of my LTA I just got....I have had him for 3 days and he wont eat.....Can anyone help me with this?

nm reef

If its not responding to food then I'd let it settle in for a few more days and try again. Sometimes they just take some time to adjust to a new environment.:thinking:

jimmy g

305 Watts total
175 Watt MH and 130 Watts of PC.
I think I will just try feeding him again in a couple days. I tryed feeding him silversides, Is there anything else he might like?

flatzboy

Nice anenomie, get ready for him to grow ike a weed and take over half your tank!! lol I bought one the size of a baseball and now about 4 months later it open up like the size of a basketball so i'm getting rid of it.:D they are nice though I just didn't want to dedicate my tank which has mostly sps in it to an anenomie.

jimmy g

Yeah, I do bi-weekley 20% water changes and test my parameters every month.
Do LTA's need high calcium levels?.....Mine is only at 300. I have been trying to get them up over the last week to 400.

flatzboy

Not that I know Imo it was easy to care for just provide it with light and feed it krill every few days or something similar. The more you feed it the quicker it grew kinda like lps and it seemed to never be full it would eat and eat and eat! lol:D

jimmy g

I guess I will go buy Krill and try that tomarrow night.
I have had an anemone in the past and had no problems with it but I was always curious....Is feeding it at night better that the day?

beckzilla

Originally posted by Jimmy G
Yeah, I do bi-weekley 20% water changes and test my parameters every month.
Do LTA's need high calcium levels?.....Mine is only at 300. I have been trying to get them up over the last week to 400.

Get your calcium up to 450 if you can. I use Kent Liquid Calcium.:yes:

beckzilla

Originally posted by Jimmy G
305 Watts total
175 Watt MH and 130 Watts of PC.
I think I will just try feeding him again in a couple days. I tryed feeding him silversides, Is there anything else he might like?

mine loves krill. uhm uhm good:yes:

jimmy g

I just started using Kent liquid Calcium a couple days ago
Hope that works.
( I tryed krill and still rejects it )

minitrucke

I feed my condi frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp and ghost shrimp. He loves everything i give him and will eat 2 cubes of bloodworms at once. funny thing is that the cubes are still frozen when I feed the condi, is that bad?

barry cuda

That doesn't sound good. My understanding is that calcium isn't critical for anemones, so I doubt that's your problem. It may be that it was damaged during collection or shipping - if that's the case, then there may not be much you can do. I hope it recovers, though.

jimmy g

It reattatched and is oprn but not as much as it was before. here is a pic I took right now. You cant tell from the pic but it still hs his mouth open.

T

thomas712

Check your pH
Check your alkalinity.
What brand of salt are you using?