New mandarin and some other tank pics.

C

cmaxwell39

Got a new mandarin to replace the one that we lost getting sucked down the overflow. He is fat and healthy. I also tried to get some fish pics since I normally just do pics of the corals. I will say this, corals are much easier to photograph. Hope you enjoy.

C

cmaxwell39

Pics were taken a week ago. Been that kind of week where I haven't had time to get pictures onto the computer and find time to post. These pics were taken right after adding the mandarin. He was out and swimming around within two hours of being in the tank.

C

cmaxwell39

Yes that is an alveopora. I have had it for about 15 months. I even fragged it 3 or 4 months ago and all the frags and the original colony are all doing fine. My clowns have been hosting in it for 8 months or so and it doesn't seem to mind.

C

cmaxwell39

Took a bunch more pics of the tank and inhabitants yesterday. Thought I would share a few.

C

cmaxwell39

Also caught the mandarin out and about again last night so a few more pics.
Thanks for looking

C

cmaxwell39

nacl freak-- Thanks. The fox coral is not really thriving right now. It is not dying or anything like that, but it is not growing much either. I can't find a spot in the tank that has low enough flow for it, but that is why I am gathering equipment to set up a 50 breeder as an SPS tank. Then I will lower the flow in the 75 and it will primarily be a lps reef. Hopefully that will help the fox coral out.
nycbob-- I have had the foxface for over a year and he has been a model reef citizen. He will sometimes graze off of the skeletons of branching lps, but he never nips at the flesh of any of the corals and he even leaves all the mini dusters in the live rock alone. I have never had a lick of problems with him.

V

vinnyraptor

Originally Posted by cmaxwell39
http:///forum/post/2685745
Took a bunch more pics of the tank and inhabitants yesterday. Thought I would share a few.
gorgeous! what im striving for... on a beer budget...

C

cmaxwell39

Thanks vinnyraptor. I am pretty happy with my tank and I am glad that you enjoyed it too. Just take it slow and you can get there even with a smaller budget. Just one peice at a time.

b_clark711

Originally Posted by anadliv
http:///forum/post/2684806
Is that a flower pot coral , the kind of yellowish one? If so how long have u had it?
The difference between Alveopora & Goniopora is the number of tentacles/fingers on each polyp. Alveopora = 12 Goniopora = 24. I read that the clowns LOVE those! I have a couple of Gonis but need to check out an Alveopora. My clowns are starting to host in my frogspawn, so I need an alternative!

C

cmaxwell39

Thanks for the compliments on the mandarin guys. He is doing well. He was fat and heathy in the store and has adjusted well to his new home. He was out and swimming around with 2 hours of being put in the tank. I have never seen one get comfortable that fast. I will try to get some more pics later this weekend.