New Mexico Reefers?

rabid frog

Hey I am wondering if anyone is in the Albuquerque area that would like to swap some frags? I have zoo's, frog spawn, rics, green mushrooms, montipora plate coral, Acropora, Hydnophora. All corals have been in my system for 1 year + health guaranteed.
If you want frags of the Acro or the Hydno we'll have to do some research on how to frag them, as I do not know. :notsure:

rabid frog

didnt know that they had any kind of reef clubs here... when and where are the meetings? I would like to go.

catawaba

www dot nmoceankeepers dot com
You can get A LOT of info at Southwest Reef on Menaul. Ask for Jen.
Third Friday evening of each month.
"Rackyrane" is also in ABQ.

rabid frog

I jumped on over to that other site,
I did not know about the reef store on menaul, I used to go to coral island a lot when it was at its old location. Now that new managment has taken over the new store I dont like it as much. Rob treated me good I am sad he did not make the transition. I used to stop by clarks and stuff but they never have anything so i get a lot of my stuff online now. I will be checking out Menaul store tomorrow.,

rabid frog

Wow that is good news. I really like him. He has always done me good. Even came over to my house and helped me wire my Vho's. :jumping:

catawaba

Right on!
There was some 'scuttle butt' at Coral Island, so he left and after a few months, started his own place!
ENJOY!

catawaba

West of Carlisle and West of Applebee's, and just 'before' University. It is on the southside of the street---in a 'strip mall' kind of thing.
Blue sign above door.

catawaba

Not at all!
I just took in 5 BTA's to him and a MEAN crab.
Saw some of your photos on another thread--NICE Tank!
Have a good night

rackyrane

Hey rabid frog!
Nice to see another Duke City Reefer here!
Rob's place is a bit hard to find--being new to the area, I use a lot of landmarks.
If you are going east from I 25, look for Little Anita's on the right. Southwest Reef is a few blocks up from Little Anita's (also on the right hand side). There's some kind of business right next to it, can't remember exactly what, but maybe a small machine/auto parts shop, or an auto glass shop. Hope this helps a bit, but I am just a sight driver--I see it and then I know I have found it!

rabid frog

Thank you Rackyrane. Catawaba's directions are close enough for me but I can use the help of land marks too. I live off of carlisle so I just did not go far enough west. I went east of carlisle.
But on a diff note, glad to see another Abq. reefer. I look forward to meeting all the people over at NMOK. I already found a fellow sandian, or he found me rather. It's weird how close to home all this hits..

catawaba

EVERYONE in ABQ is glad you're a SIGHT driver Rackyrane!!!
:hilarious
I drive by braille myself....watch for a small red car!

kdfrosty

Another Albuquerque Reefer here.
I know Rob, and frequent his store...Menaul and Vassar, by the way.
It's good to see other NM reefers here, and I know a few more that are on these SWF.com forums. Im interested in trading frags, meeting, or whatever. I'm mostly looking for softies or LPS' though.

rabid frog

Kd any time you want to get together just let me know. I have some softies and lps. Just frog spawn for the lps but I have some sps too. Glad to see another one in the 505.

rackyrane

Catawaba---

Hi KD! There seems to be more and more NM reefers here. Do you go to the NMOK meetings?
Rabid--it is weird to be on here and realize that you know the person who is posting. There are a couple other Albuquerque reefers on here who don't post much. Hope they jump in. Maybe a frag party can be started here!

rabid frog

I will be attending the NMOK meeting this month. It will be my first. Im always willing to swap frags and info anytime though.

catawaba

I will not be able to attend this month's meeting...I have to work in Las Cruces.
Let me know how it goes....
Rabid--did you go see Rob?
***)