New nano help me fill it!

greenwolf52

Hey. This is my husbands login in name b/c I dont have one. I decided I wanted my own little system for our son Archer. He is only 3 months old but Im giving him a good head start to be a top notch aqaurist!!
Anyway I just purchased a 3 gal nano system. Its really cute and very neat. The light is coral compatable and it includes a filter. I know its small but its made to be a mini reef. And nano does mean tiny right??
I took water from our 100g FOWLR and 3 small pieces of live rock with 4 cups of live sand and 4 little hermits. It is also FULL of copipods b/c our reffigium has become a haven for them to multiply! Oh and I also put a small mangrove shoot in the nano. I have tested the water a few times and its great. I skipped the whole cycle process by stealing from my other tank, but I wanted to wait a week or so before adding life. I refuse to put damsils in there b/c I cannot stand those terror fish!!
So let me know what I can add. I want to put frags in there which I will later transfer to the 100g we are converting to a reef. The lion fish passed away after 6 long years so the tank looks empty. He was a good 13in.
What else besides frags can I add. I really want an eel in there but I have yet to find one that will be able to be in there for more than a few months. Are there any mini ribons out there??? Help me out folks. Maybe an octopus. The drawfs are pretty tiny.
One more thing does any one know if its possible to have too many copipods?? They really are out of control. Them and the sea fleas just cover the rocks. The reefigium is a 30g long tank. Can we have a green madrin in there or will he die after he eats all those pods???

greenwolf52

Well today the nano is doing really well. I know it may have to be little longer for some problems to show up but all is great right now! The levels for nitrate. nitrite, PH, and ammonia are absolutelty perfect. The salinity is 1.025 which is also great! I am very happy with everything right now.