New Nano

tad

Originally Posted by genius172
http:///forum/post/2933646
Hey what's up everybody! (specially the ones that have been with me since my first nano post)
Just wanted to give everybody an update of what has happen since September. Well for awhile I was working a lot and still am but I had let me tank go to crap.

After going through countless aquascaping and recruiting my lfs friend to help me I was still unhappy with my outcome.
I pretty much lost interest in my nano because It seem as if I couldn't get it right. My first problem was I had way to much live rock...at least over 75lbs.
So after awhile my nano started to develop hair algae which suffocated most of my corals... so needless to say I lost most of them. The algae was not the only problem however...I made a grave mistake that probably help the slaughter along; I kept topping my tank off with saltwater which sent my salinity through the roof!
I know I know after years of keeping an aquarium I should know better than this.
One day I just snapped out of my nano depression and got my nano corrected in two days. I added some new equipment and changed my livestock around a little, did a 50% water change, and changed the rocks around that makes me proud of my nano again!

This weekend i'll be off so I will post some new pics of my nano. And I'll make a vow that I will never let my nano end up in the graveyard again!

Posts like this really really help people more then you know. It is real easy to post glory shots, but when the doo doo hits the fan is when we can learn a lot from it. Thanks for the thread, its been a good read.

genius172

Tad thank you...that has to be one of the best compliments that i've had since i started my posting. i'm very thankful that my post could help someone else that may be going through the same things i did.

nissan577

wait i min! i bought a tank cause you, subie, spanko, nano, and rebel inspired me! but you were the first one!
!
:laguhing: and pics?

genius172

lol ahh thank you and as i said before all the above names including you inspire me all the time to be the best at this hobby and passion...but man i'm rackin my brain on coming up with a new banner for the reef club

genius172

does anyone have any suggestions on what my next coral should be
...given all my conditions of my tank...just curious of what you guys would like to see in my nano

nissan577

they sure are. now if you had MH you can have acros and montis!

theres lot more though. like zoas, hammers, frogspawn, leathers, GSP, candy, favia, acans, blastos