New Nano!

coastie5685

Originally Posted by nissan577
http:///forum/post/2938973
aww lol. but i wouldve gone with the K1 more wider for more flow. Both work i guess
congrats
yeah i was thinking tht too.. and its only an extra few dollars. but now with the nano flowing. i think its decent.. koralia 1 wouldva made to much...

subielover

Nah, not too much. I run a Koralia 1 in my BC 14. I have a maxijet 900 in place of the stock return pump as well. I have parts of my tank that are high, medium, and low. It is working perfectly.

coastie5685

asking once again.... i want to research a fairly easy to maintain coral for my clown to host in that wont affect my xenia... opinions...

saltn00b

clowns may host some corals, they may not. some will not mind when being hosted, some will be harassed to death.
your clown may or may not decide to host anything you put in the tank. they dont need to host something to live.

subielover

Frogspawn or torch work sometimes. But like others said, clowns do not need a anemone or any coral to host.

kromix

Hey all, another S. Floridian here :p
I have a clownfish and I have been trying to get him to to host a non-anemone coral and it hasn't worked for me :p I got him a Frogspawn (huge) and xenia, doesn't like either...... He shoved his head in the frospawn and never touched it again lol..... I gave up on the hosting thing, seems like my nemo doesn't want to host anything. Shame though, the frogspawn is huge.. ;
Here is a pic of my tank:

coastie5685

Added 4 more lbs. of LR. Removed filter cartridge in chamber 1. Replaced with thin sponge covering top portion of intake. Placed heater in chamber 1. Left top plate on to of chamber 2. Bag of chemi pure still in chamber 2 with filter floss. Removed thick blue sponge from chamber 3 and replaced with thiner sponge. Submersible light should be coming in next week for chaeto algae to go into chamber 2 ontop of bag of chemi pure.

Comments, criticism, complaints...?

saltn00b

looks like the xenia is still doing ok, that is a good sign.
why is it so cloudy? you take this right after placing the rock?

coastie5685

yup xenia is doing good.. hopefully better now that its closer to light.
and yes took the picture right after i placed the rock in.
soon mike.. frogspawn? lol...

redsea

Originally Posted by Coastie5685
http:///forum/post/2952582

Added 4 more lbs. of LR. Removed filter cartridge in chamber 1. Replaced with thin sponge covering top portion of intake. Placed heater in chamber 1. Left top plate on to of chamber 2. Bag of chemi pure still in chamber 2 with filter floss. Removed thick blue sponge from chamber 3 and replaced with thiner sponge. Submersible light should be coming in next week for chaeto algae to go into chamber 2 ontop of bag of chemi pure.

Comments, criticism, complaints...?

very nice!