new orange monti cap.

rickyh24

i still feel my cats could get to that if i had that i would have to do an egg crate top i think with a canopy just with an open back. i really cant use retro fits till i build a canopy right? i would rather just buy one how do i know if a canopy will hold vho and and a MH?

E

eaglefan

If you do the set up that tru conch suggested your standard canopy might hold it. Search vho and mh retro kits on the web and tak down their measurments than look a the measurments of you canopy. The cool thing is retro fit kits can be altered a little. Good luck. Post some pics of your tank if you have them

rickyh24

i will post some pics when i get home from work tonight. its a 50 breeder 36 wide 18 front to back and 15 deep. I have it on a walnut stand so i would like the canopy to match.

E

eaglefan

looks great, I like how the rock it set up. Its a nice start

rickyh24

i just have that double strip right now i would like to keep it though since i just spent almost 100 on it. Maybe run atinics. I defitinely need to get better lighting and change those bulbs. im starting to get some red algae too hopefully when i change the ligthin and get an eggcrate top that will go away.

rickyh24

heres another you can see my carpet anemone and the red algae to the right of the pic (carpet is to the left)

rickyh24

the carpet stays to the top now i think its trying to get closer to the light. once i get vhos i think it will move down