New orange tipped BTA

kmax

Did you pick them up from Aquarium Concepts in Hayward (I think they are in Hayward)? They received some yesterday.
I wanted to pick one up, but decided not to. Looks good though!

frink

Is this anemone relatively hardy compared to others. My lighting is not that strong (about 2 watts per gallon). Is that enough for this anemone. Also, does this anemone like to wander around the tank like others? Thanks

frozenguy

from what i've heard, yes, it will wander, but if you place it in an area of the tank where the conditions are perfect for him, then he may not feel the need to move...especially if you give him substantial food.... you need an established tank for the most part....

sunken ship

Bubble Tip Anemones are one of the hardier types of anemones, but anemones in general are a very sensitive species. I have mine under about 6w/gal. BTAs like an area with moderate indirect current and a crevice to place their "foot". I gave mine a nice piece of krill last night to encourage him to stay where i put him. He seems to have made himself at home, extended his foot all the way into the crevice and is just spreading himself out.

kmax

Originally posted by broncofish
Do you guys know what AC in Hayward charges for those? Just curiose if it is worth the drive?

Sorry, didn't ask.

sunken ship

theoretically it can get as big as those large rose anemones. I have seen BTAs as big as 10 inches or so in diameter. I have no idea how big mine will get, but i hope he does well.