New pair of Gold Head Sleepers

fish911

Last night my lfs called me to tell me my order was in... i wanted 1 gold head sleeper goby.. when i got there..there was 2.. they were moving substrate and making a cave .. the one hoovering right above the other.. i have seen them before ( and they arent as lovey/dovey as these 2 ...also..they are both slightly different in colouration...i really believe they are a pair/...so i couldnt leave them ..i took both home ( they were supposed to be 49.99 ea..but the store made a boo boo and they gave me both for 39.99 :) so i was pretty happy with that ... i dripped them for one hour
as soon as i put them in the tank they were gone..hiding and i havent seen them since :S
they have peaceful tank mates ( yellow tang, false percs and green chromis...) ...any idea how long it will take them to warm up and come out of hiding..i cannot see them anywhere,,,
also has anyone ever heard of them being breed? great if they do,,, but dont really care if they dont..just curious...they are sooooo cute together..they didnt leave ea others side..

seannmelly

Originally Posted by Fish911
Last night my lfs called me to tell me my order was in... i wanted 1 gold head sleeper goby.. when i got there..there was 2.. they were moving substrate and making a cave .. the one hoovering right above the other.. i have seen them before ( and they arent as lovey/dovey as these 2 ...also..they are both slightly different in colouration...i really believe they are a pair/...so i couldnt leave them ..i took both home ( they were supposed to be 49.99 ea..but the store made a boo boo and they gave me both for 39.99 :) so i was pretty happy with that ... i dripped them for one hour
as soon as i put them in the tank they were gone..hiding and i havent seen them since :S
they have peaceful tank mates ( yellow tang, false percs and green chromis...) ...any idea how long it will take them to warm up and come out of hiding..i cannot see them anywhere,,,
also has anyone ever heard of them being breed? great if they do,,, but dont really care if they dont..just curious...they are sooooo cute together..they didnt leave ea others side..
if you just added them, I wouldn't be too worried about not seeing them right away. I have both a yellow watchman and diamond goby in my tank. When I first added them, didn't see them for a day or two, then they went right to work making a cave for themselves in the front of the tank.

fish911

thank you... i feel some relief!!! they hide pretty good! and nothing else i have in there did that at all!

seannmelly

Originally Posted by Fish911
thank you... i feel some relief!!! they hide pretty good! and nothing else i have in there did that at all!
they are smart too, when they make their burrows, they make it so it is facing the front of the tank i.e. where the food comes from! lol. I love my diamond sleeper, he's awesome to watch, and the watchman, just watches the diamond goby do all the work...

fish911

awww
well im glad that they burrow where you can see them>> not really a point of having them if i can never see them!!

miaheatlvr

I have one and i didnt see him for 10 DAYS i thought he was dead,, then he started to come out,, make sure you have a big selection of things for him to eat, they can be very very finicky.

fish911

yikes thats quite awhile.. fingers crossed it wont take that long... i will make sure they have variety... im confident they will do well ... i have taken a lotof steps.. have read a ton andi have an eco aqualizer!

cagrn

Sorry to break in on the thread, but when I saw you are from Ontario, I had to.
I am originally from TO - Scarborough, and Don Mills. I moved to SLC in 98.
My brother was a 911 dispatcher for TPS, and may be going to Waterloo if he is offered a job there.
Where are you from? Where is the OPP dispatch center?
If you want to answer, you can email me at craiggraham32670@msn.com so as to not interupt the board any further.
I have a 2 spot goby that is the busiest little fish, its so cool to watch it make new caves or celan up "his room".
Thanks,
Craig

fish911

live in barrie..work at opp headquarters in orillia!
thats cool about ur fish... just hope that mine make their room where i can see them!!