New Photo Contest!!!!!!!!!!!

reckler

Originally Posted by murph145
good thought new contest heres what i will be providing u the winner....
can i be a judge if im sending something lol??
its guna be a frag of 10 jolly green giant palythoas.... ive never fragged these b4 and i just named them on zoaid so at least they come with a name hmmmm lol maybe it will be a LE one day hahaha
anyways these are big palys about 1/2"-3/4" across
good luck everyone!

I'm not competeing in anymore contests with you murph....
your pics are hard to beat....

fishieness

Originally Posted by reckler
I'm not competeing in anymore contests with you murph....
your pics are hard to beat....

that isnt his entry... that's the PRIZE!!! ***) :cheer:
but they pretty much do own :happyfish

murph145

lol yeah reckler dont worry ur not competing with me lol thats what the winner gets 10 polyps from that colony and something else i think im trying to figure it out but when the winner is picked by the judges then i will talk with the winner directly to see what other side prize they want....
maybe some shrooms or richordias something like thatjust depends on there tanks setup and what works for them

reckler

Originally Posted by murph145
lol yeah reckler dont worry ur not competing with me lol thats what the winner gets 10 polyps from that colony and something else i think im trying to figure it out but when the winner is picked by the judges then i will talk with the winner directly to see what other side prize they want....
maybe some shrooms or richordias something like thatjust depends on there tanks setup and what works for them
Ok, I lied, I'm still in......

double

Originally Posted by hopkins6
Double, what kind of anemone is that?
a purple tipped I don't know what. I forget, I'll check next time I'm at my LFS. It started out brilliant white like that and only maybe 4 inchs spread. Now its has a beige tint to it (I think from diatoms??) and its about 18 inchs spread!

fishieness

Originally Posted by Double
a purple tipped I don't know what. I forget, I'll check next time I'm at my LFS. It started out brilliant white like that and only maybe 4 inchs spread. Now its has a beige tint to it (I think from diatoms??) and its about 18 inchs spread!
it is no longer white because it is no longer dieing.
that beige tint is not diatons but the natural symbiotic algae zooxanthellae that is located inside anenomes that give them just about all of their food
so way to go!

double

Originally Posted by fishieness
it is no longer white because it is no longer dieing.
that beige tint is not diatons but the natural symbiotic algae zooxanthellae that is located inside anenomes that give them just about all of their food
so way to go!

That folks is why I don't offer advice, because there is so many better resources available.
Thanks for the info, and I'm glad my tank has become a healthy home for that anemone!!! :jumping: :jumping:

N

nemo_66

i love everyones pics. but mines going to win(just kidding)!!!!!! LOL

clown boy

Originally Posted by hopkins6
Double, What kind of anemone do you have? it is awesome.

He answered in post #90.
Originally Posted by Double