New photos...

nm reef

...I had a little time so I spent it trying new methods of getting decent photos. Shot the following in raw mode. Camer is a Canon G5...settings were as follows:
iso-50
manual aperture mode
macro on
no flash
auto focus
hand held
I did some basic adjustments in Photoshop Elements while still in raw mode then cropped it to a smaller size...then saved it as a jpg image. I'm sort of pleased with the result....you'll have to look here to see it since its larger than 500x500 pixels. If there is trouble downloading it or if it downloads too slow please let me know.
As I get them ready and if they are decent I may post a few more later.

nm reef

I find it very difficult sometimes to get photos of corals or any other creatures in my display that show a true representation of what my eye sees. Getting true colors of corals can be very challenging to say the least. This shot of my montipora peltiformis is very close to true coloration...and was especially difficult to get due to the very subtle colors. It has a sweet purple tinted polyp with a faint greenish/yellowish/bluish tinted base.

nm reef

Must not be very good pics...lots of views and zero comments...:thinking:
...either that or y'all are sick of my pics....:rolleyes:

shawnd61

i agree, excellent pics. i'd love to see some more on individual species in your tank, and a full shot or two of your set up.

dogstar

I dont know NM, I feel Im not seeing that intencity one expects to see from corals or clams there. Maybe its me. It is late.:sleepy: