New Pics!!! Aggresive!!

psusocr1

what else is in there a large eel a grey bamboo and Tangs? everything looks great in there i was wondering what size tank you have and will everything be fione or will or did you upgrade in the future??
well ir ecently tore my two tanks down because of a move from p.a to FL .. but anyway that was my 300 gallon 400 total gallons.
i had my bamboo , two rays for awhile, a huge brazillian dragon, 5 or 6 show tangs i forget two large lions and a gold stripe maroon clown..
before i had took my job in florida , i have sitting in my garage in p.a all the materials for my 500 gallon build.. so yes an upgrade was going to happen this summer since my shark and basically everything in my tank got soo big soo quick.. 300 gallons IMO isnt enough longterm for any shark , large tangs( certain species) etc..

trigger29

Originally Posted by psusocr1
well ir ecently tore my two tanks down because of a move from p.a to FL .. but anyway that was my 300 gallon 400 total gallons.
i had my bamboo , two rays for awhile, a huge brazillian dragon, 5 or 6 show tangs i forget two large lions and a gold stripe maroon clown..
before i had took my job in florida , i have sitting in my garage in p.a all the materials for my 500 gallon build.. so yes an upgrade was going to happen this summer since my shark and basically everything in my tank got soo big soo quick.. 300 gallons IMO isnt enough longterm for any shark , large tangs( certain species) etc..
are the tanks acrylic or glass???
how compicated is all the plumbing for the tank?
im going to be moving really soon and right when i move in i want to set up a nice big tank.

But at my LFS they can order me any size tanks but right now they have a nice 180 glass show/display tank and i think that would be the biggest size tank that i would use filters on
but i want to go bigger and the whole sump idea and plumbing seems very confusing to me
any suggestions or advice???

psusocr1

myt anks were both acrylic but i hate acrylic.. i had glass tanks as well i love them..anyway the plumbing on my tanks were complicated because of how i had everythign running but it didnt have to be.. thebest advice is to go to the LFS to look at there plumbing ont here big tanks or search for pics on here.. i have some pictures i can pist of my plumbing as well i beleive.. IMO no need for any filters on a large tank if done right.. all you need is alot of live rock A good refugium/sump and your good to go..

mike22cha

So do you recommend glass? I was thinking of getting acrylic because it'd weigh less and be easier to move into postition.

trigger29

myt anks were both acrylic but i hate acrylic.. i had glass tanks as well i love them..anyway the plumbing on my tanks were complicated because of how i had everythign running but it didnt have to be.. thebest advice is to go to the LFS to look at there plumbing ont here big tanks or search for pics on here.. i have some pictures i can pist of my plumbing as well i beleive.. IMO no need for any filters on a large tank if done right.. all you need is alot of live rock A good refugium/sump and your good to go..

well is it true you have to have or get a hole drilled in the tank to have a sump???
or is that just one way you can do it?
ive seen some pictures but they still look compilicated my LFS knows alot about them and i think thats the way im gonna go
once i get my tank i think im going to get into the hole sump thing
do you think a 180 tank would be good for anny types of sharks like a bamboo or a catshark???? or will just about every kind of shark outgrow a 180 glass tank???

trigger29

i also think glass is the best way to go i dont like acrylic lol it may be lighter then glass but a glass tank is the best route in my opinion and it looks best

psusocr1

yes IMO any shark will outgrow a 180 very quickly... it just a waste of time if you want to keep him for life.. you dont need a reef ready tank for you to have a sump, you will just have to run a HOB overflow box which IMO again are very bad ...
my 300 was acrylic and i hated it,, especially with agressive fish.. not a good idea for me anyway.. ALL my tanks from now on out , especially my large ones will be starphire glass fronts with regular sides...

vegas made

what is that thing in the first pic???
and is that a bamboo shark a pup ? looks nice my buddy has one just like that what size tank is that??

kirkaz

Great pics and tanks guys!!! Trig 29, you really need to get that Lion out of there, those 3 triggers will kill him before long.

vegas made

Originally Posted by kirkaz
Great pics and tanks guys!!! Trig 29, you really need to get that Lion out of there, those 3 triggers will kill him before long.
well now i only have 2 triggers with my lion a bursa and im not worried about him and my blue-line i am a little worried about him when he gets biggger just today when i was feeding them he bit the hell out of my finger lol but im in the process off getting a 180 and i am going to put the lino in there with another lion and some tangs or angels im not sure yet ??? do tangs and lions go good together?????

kirkaz

Originally Posted by vegas made
well now i only have 2 triggers with my lion a bursa and im not worried about him and my blue-line i am a little worried about him when he gets biggger just today when i was feeding them he bit the hell out of my finger lol but im in the process off getting a 180 and i am going to put the lino in there with another lion and some tangs or angels im not sure yet ??? do tangs and lions go good together?????

Are you Trigger 29 with a new name?? Anyway, Blue Lined, Clown, and Undy's have a reputation for "snapping" and turning violent, a slow moving Lion would be a good target for your Blue.
Oh yeah, tangs and lions should be fine together, I have never heard any different.

ric maniac

Are you Trigger 29 with a new name??
i was wondering the same thing
and i agree that the triggers will be bad.

vegas made

Are you Trigger 29 with a new name?? Anyway, Blue Lined, Clown, and Undy's have a reputation for "snapping" and turning violent, a slow moving Lion would be a good target for your Blue.
Oh yeah, tangs and lions should be fine together, I have never heard any different.
lol ya sorry i changed my name i am the same person lol anyways i was at my LFS today and they have a stand canopy tank already setup for sale at a goos price it is 100 gallon it looks like a cube all the sides and length and everything is the same
i wanted to go bigger but its priced right so iam going to get that do you think
2 lion fish
and some nice tangs would be good for a 100 gallon tank like a cube ?????
i would take my current lion out of the 60 gallon tank he is a red violatin( i thinks thats how it is spelled) and he is really bright whit colors and i was gonna get a dark on also would that be ok with in the 100???

psusocr1

hey trigger
you dont have a red volitan you have a russels lionfish.. you need the dimensions before reccomendations on fish ..

vegas made

hey trigger
you dont have a red volitan you have a russels lionfish.. you need the dimensions before reccomendations on fish ..
russels trigger?? isnt it the same thing as a red-volitan??
whats the diffrence in looks between them??

psusocr1

russels trigger?? isnt it the same thing as a red-volitan??
no your lionfish is a russels lionfish.. not a red volitan
the red volitan is Pterois volitans

the russels lionfish(yours) Pterois russelli

the difference in looks are coloration, size and there horns
look at the difference between the volitan and the russels