New Pics/ Baker's Dozen

ginarox

wow that is absolutly beautiful, i love the colors in there and espically the clams there beautiful. thankyou for sharing your pictures.....have a great day..ginarox

goingcrazy

where do buy all the great corals??my lps's dont carry stuff like that....is buying corals online ok wasnt sure of how well they would be betime they reached my front door?plus i always like seeing them first...well anyways you have a beuuuuuutiful tank.... :)

promisetbg

Thanks everyone for the kind words!
Rich~ there are three green caps back there. One is the color of the green slimer, the one in the middle is green with purple rim, and on the glass is a plain green.
Greg~The coral bottom left is a dendrophyllia. Unfortunately it was'nt fully open in that pic. It is amazing after it eats a big piece of squid!
GC~ most of my corals came from local LFS and the one that I work in. There are a few special corals that I have bought online. You just have to know who to trust, and who has true to life photos on their site.

tangs123

Originally Posted by Greg803
what is that orangeish colored coral in the bottom left of the last pic?
i think it is a sun coral
btw beautiful tank i really like the anemone and clowns

promisetbg

Thanks tangs123..the coral is a dendro. Sun coral does'nt get this big. No anemone in this tank. It is frilly mushrooms.{alot of people think it's a carpet.}

mrdc

How much and how often do you feed your dendro? I feed mine every other day and I normally feed it mysis shrimp. If I have the canopy off, I will drop a lot of pellet food on it and it will swallow them up. Also, how long have you had yours and how fast is it growing? Thanks.

ntank20

Your tank is awsum!! You have so much color. I love your clams, beautiful! I hope my tank can look like that some day. Although i can't have any clams. Great tank!!

promisetbg

Originally Posted by mrdc
How much and how often do you feed your dendro? I feed mine every other day and I normally feed it mysis shrimp. If I have the canopy off, I will drop a lot of pellet food on it and it will swallow them up. Also, how long have you had yours and how fast is it growing? Thanks.
I feed mine a couple times a week specifically, as they are right in range to catch food on their own. I do not use pellets or flake. They love fesh squid ,clam, shrimp,mysis,..any chunky meaty fare. I have had it since 04' and it has grown from 3 polyps to 10.
Thanks all for the compliments!

promisetbg

The tank is a 75 gal., my first sw tank. It has been set up since Feb. 03' and has been through many changes. It has a 20 gallon sump, Euro-reef CS5-2 skimmer, and a 29 gallon refugium that is fed off the main return pump{external 1200 Blueline} and returns back to the tank by gravity. There is also a closed loop on another external 850 Blueline pump, which eliminates the need for a bunch of powerheads in the tank. There is one modded maxi-jet which comes on with the MH's and goes off in the PM. Lighting is 2 X 250 Ushio 10K MH's and 4X 110 URI super actinic VHO's. I swear by this lighting,and feel the color of my corals could not be any better,so why change? Here is pics of the refugium. Lighting over the fuge is 2X 65 wt 6500K power compacts. The tank gets dosed daily with a two part A+B additive and every three days it gets magnesium. Water changes are performed weekly.

Pipefish

Older pic,but it shows where the refugium is...