New pics for enjoyment

blueturtle

Niger pics in, enjoy!!! This tank has Nigers w/ a baby Lionfish. They have been doing well together. The little Emerald Crab had to sneak himself into the pic.

blueturtle

Some of the mushrooms in the pic are a little over 4 inches in diameter. If you look closely enough on the purple mushroom, you can see it's got 2 valves.

dragonzim

Good luck keeping the triggers and lion together. I had a 3 inch humu humu and a 2.5 inch bluthroat with a 9 inch lion and they just decided one day to tear him apart.

blueturtle

Yeah I'm keeping a watchful eye on them, but so far they keep to one side and the lion keeps to the other. Of course this could change a bit when they all get larger. I will definately be watching for that.

v-lioness

Very Nice!! :happyfish
How big are your Triggers? Your lion will grow fast and since they can eat about 1/2 their body size....lol Not only would I watch the triggers I would be careful with the growth rate, you do not want them to become a meal one day.
Kaye

blueturtle

My triggers are only about 2-3 inches, the lionfish is only around 2 inches himself, so they are approx the same size. So far no fin nipping etc, I keep feeding them everyday, heard that could keep them from fin nipping.

blueturtle

The tank is a 2 yr old 75 gallon, I know I'm gonna get flamed for having triggers and a Lion in a tank that small, but they are still small themselves, I'm planning on getting a much larger tank after my 6 month tour in Afghanistan. So in about 8 months I'm gonna try to get a 210-300 gallon.