new pics of my 125

azfishgal

Originally Posted by travis99
I could have never done it with out the help of the wonderful people on this site!
this means you

I feel the same way, I would have made a lot of mistakes if I didn't have the people here to bounce things off of. I've saved a tone of money and time by researching and asking lots of questions first. Everyone on here is great!
Of course they failed to tell me this website was addicting.

addicted2

very nice tank! I love the set up too...Nothing like a tank you can see from both sides...
(Dreaming)...one day....I too may have one of those beautiful room dividing set ups.....

travis99

Originally Posted by addicted2
very nice tank! I love the set up too...Nothing like a tank you can see from both sides...
(Dreaming)...one day....I too may have one of those beautiful room dividing set ups.....

I love it, this is something that I have always wanted. Well I really wanted it to be an in wall tank. But for space reasons I could not do it. So I bulit the stand for about$100 and put it behind the couch. I think it is doing ok, but I still need to add a little.
I plan on getting metal halides and getting some serious coral. I really like it because you can see both sides. I guess that means I will have to buy twice as many corals. But one thing I have learned with this hobby is patience. If you put stuff in to fast, you end up with dead stuff.
Dead stuff = not good
Travis

addicted2

Travis...believe me...it's to your advantage you couldn't do the in wall...so much nicer to see both sides...hey! It's like twice the tank for the space of one!...

jkcrumb

Are they Hydor Koralia power heads your using???? if so what size and how many??? I have a 125 and I need extra circulation and I was seriously considering the Koralia's.......Do ya like them??????Thanks bud

travis99

Originally Posted by jkcrumb
Are they Hydor Koralia power heads your using???? if so what size and how many??? I have a 125 and I need extra circulation and I was seriously considering the Koralia's.......Do ya like them??????Thanks bud

Yea,Hydor Koralia 3 Centrifugal Pump. They are great. they work fine and I have not had any issues. I would reccomend them.

jkcrumb

Originally Posted by travis99
Yea,Hydor Koralia 3 Centrifugal Pump. They are great. they work fine and I have not had any issues. I would reccomend them.
Thanks man...............o yea...your tank rocks..........I dont think my tank looks that clean even after I just get done cleaning it!!!!!! maybe someday!!!

jkcrumb

one more question..........I see both your heads are mid tank...pointing up on a 45 degree angle (approx)..........what do you do for flow towards the bottom of the tank???? anything???? or is it not necessary??

travis99

Originally Posted by jkcrumb
one more question..........I see both your heads are mid tank...pointing up on a 45 degree angle (approx)..........what do you do for flow towards the bottom of the tank???? anything???? or is it not necessary??

Well they are so strong if I point them down it kicks up sand everywhere. There is actually one powerhead and one filter on one side of the tank. The filter also acts as a powerhead. So it pushes water for me as well. I may be different than alot of people but I think there should be a small area in the tanks with minimal water flow. Just in case something needs to hide or get out of the wind.
Also it is much less then a 45 I just turned it until I could see the top of the water being rippled. The other is pretty horizontal.

Travis