new pics of my 12g (xpost from nano)

jacksonpt

The tank is just a little over 2 months old, so I took some new pics last night. It's hard shooting through the curved glass, so not all of them turned out. Here are some of the better ones.

jacksonpt

Originally Posted by Madman33
both the lion and the maroon are going to need a bigger tank
Yep - it's all part of the master plan.

jacksonpt

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Shooting through the curved glass of the Aquapods makes things a bit more difficult.

mrsgoose

wow - amazing! and so young. I have a 29 g that's 3 weeks old, with nothing but lr and hermits. How did you get yours to that stage so quickly?? I'm new to SW. I thought you're always supposed to wait for weeks btw each addition?

jacksonpt

Originally Posted by mrsgoose
How did you get yours to that stage so quickly?? I'm new to SW. I thought you're always supposed to wait for weeks btw each addition?
It really comes down to bioload - basically how much "waste" a tank can process efficiently. I only have 2 fish, and they only get fed 2-3 times per week, so fish waste and excess food is all but nill. Corals have very little impact on the bioload of a tank, so as long as your water parameters are stable you can add corals (in theory) as quickly as you can buy them.
I have been very lucky to have some local reefers who are heavily into the frag scene, so I've been able to pick up a lot of small corals for relatively little money.