New pics of my 29g

bambam_250r

Here are some new pics of my 29 gallon tank. Got some new inhabitants. I re-did the rocks and put a new kind of actinic on there.
Sorry the pics suck. My good camera got left in Barcelona with my sister in law.

bambam_250r

Here is 2 new inhabitants. The Lettuce Leaf Nudi and the Sixline. I LOVE THE 6 LINE. and my daughter digs the lettuce, she always says "daddy, where is the thing that slithers on the rocks?"

Nice rocks! How long has your tank been established, and are those Fiji or Mitchell Islands?
~Ballet Ninja
P.S. Tank looks great!

bambam_250r

Thanks. Tanks been up for about 7 years. I had a crash when I moved, replaced the corals then had a crash about 6 months ago when I used Chemi Clean

R

reefernana

What's the ivory coral with the green centers in the first pic on the right? Very pretty! Can't wait till all my rock colors up like yours. I've only been setup since May 1st, but it's getting there. I have purple, pink, mint green, red, and orange coming out. It's great! Love your tank. How hard is it to re-aquascape with all of those corals???

triga22

Looks great! How do you like flow directors? top looks to have a little bit of scum.. Direct some flow up more..

bambam_250r

Originally Posted by reefernana
What's the ivory coral with the green centers in the first pic on the right? Very pretty! Can't wait till all my rock colors up like yours. I've only been setup since May 1st, but it's getting there. I have purple, pink, mint green, red, and orange coming out. It's great! Love your tank. How hard is it to re-aquascape with all of those corals???
Took a while to get mine to purple all the way up. I think you're referring to my brain on the sand? He's not doin' so hot. If not that, then it might be the candy cane coral. The aquascape was a pain. Just sucked out water and put my corals in it in the buckets.

bambam_250r

Originally Posted by TriGa22
Looks great! How do you like flow directors? top looks to have a little bit of scum.. Direct some flow up more..
The flow directors are great. I had a pump that pointed up but it's dead right now. I'm going to be putting an over flow with a 10 gallon sump on soon though.

sexyfishers

besides time and lighting, did you add something to make your rock coraline come out so beautiful! I have 125g, but thinking of making my qt tank 10 gal into a nano reef.. my 125 lb of lr in my main tank is getting colored up, but if I can add something to rev up the process.. that'd be cool.

bambam_250r

Originally Posted by sexyfishers
besides time and lighting, did you add something to make your rock coraline come out so beautiful! I have 125g, but thinking of making my qt tank 10 gal into a nano reef.. my 125 lb of lr in my main tank is getting colored up, but if I can add something to rev up the process.. that'd be cool.

No, I don't add anything like that "purple up" stuff. I picked out my LR with a little bit of growth and then I just keep my parameters right. Cal around 425 and alk around 8dKh. I usually have it ALL OVER my back glass but I scraped it off because it had some of that red macro algae you see on my rock.

bambam_250r

My set up:
2 x 65W power Compacts, 1 10,000K and 1 True Actinic from Hello Lights ran 8 hours a day (soon to add LEDs for moonlight as soon as I build my hood.)
1 Maxi Jet 600 with Hydor flow director (that's new)
1 Aqua...something... 600 that directs flow from left to right
1 Red Sea Prizm skimmer with newly added surface skimming attachment
1 Rio 600 for behind the rocks and shoots towards surface.(just fixed today)
A lot of LR. Can't even tell you how much is in there because the base rocks go beneath the sand. I would guess at least 40 to 50lbs
3" DSB in front, 3.5" DSB along back
That's it. I clean my light protector off regularly.
I test for and add supplements for Iodine, Magnesium, Calcium. I add Strontium every other week and I add Essential Elements...all addatives are from Kent. (Turbo Calcium granuals is what I use)
I have my own RO/DI system that is at 0 ppm until the DI resin runs out then it's at 20 ppm until I get a new one in.
Temp is at about 79.8 constantly. In summer, I'll raise it to 80.5.
Like I said, I think time has a big factor in the purple of my rocks. They have been in there for 7 years now. And so has that green mushroom, yellow star polyps, macro algae and sand.
Oh, and I use a grounding probe and my heaters are Hagen Tronics 100w. You can get them at that auction site for like $15. I just change it out every year to be safe.