New pics of my 39g bowfront corner tank

snipe

Alright this is my second tank my first was a 55gallon reef tank I had for over a year and due to working and such I broke it all down. I now started another reef tank. An agressive reef tank (two words you NEVER see together lol)
I am VERY proud of this tank. You would not believe I have a coralife skimmer (its 125 I believe), a 300 watt titanium heater, a hang on back penguine 330 (turned into a mini fuge by myself when I had my first tank) and 5 count then 5
powerheads!! 2 Jebo 180's and 3 maxi jet 400's. The jebos do like 300GPH, maxi jet are like 140. LOTS of flow with none of the ungodly sight of the equipment. Such a small tank with no cabinet space means lots of rockwork.
I have around 120lbs of sand and over 150lbs of live rock in this tank its amazing im just glad I had all the pieces I did lol. Check the pics let me know what you think.

snipe

oh and pics are taken with my cellphone believe it or not. Lights are to come I have a cheap tiny light to provide some light on the tank for pics but I am soon to have a 250HQI MH light over this thing.

B

bonita69

Woooo that is alot of rock, Maybe to much might be to much shade? Maybe with your new light that will change and we can see it better. What do you plan on putting in here? The rock, is it glue together, it looks like
maybe it will fall forward, but could be the bow front I have one too and it does weird things to the camara.

snipe

yeah the bottom pic is at an angle to see how that side comes out to the front of the tank and not just plain like rock wall look effect. This rock goes all the way up to about 3 to 4 inches from the waterline. Will be Great for SPS on the top of the tank. Yeah the little light gives LOTS of shade there really isnt that much in there. And every piece is hand checked to make sure it is stable from wobbling. Base rock is sunk into sand almost to glass to prevent from falling or fish digging under. But the good thing about this amount of rock is the need for HOB filters and all that are gone.

S

surfinusa

Originally Posted by bill109
i spot a yt.. =) looks like a nice tank. keep us updated. ur rockwork there is very cool
You see it too.

snipe

In a small tank like a 39gallon though a maxi400 is perfect as there compact size and do get things moving.

snipe

I did some minor arranging to the top still have the big shelves but opened the top up more and added more depth to the tank. It still the same amount of rock but its what I wanted you wouldnt believe the amount of caves and such in this tank.

snipe

baby sitting my sisters mushrooms in the top pic her tank broke and I have to babysit some stuff.
Second pic is new MH light but my cell phone dont look to well lol.

snipe

Yup just placed my saltwaterfish.com order today. will have pics up and posted when everything comes in. Shouldnt be more than a few days.