New Pics

promisetbg

Thank you Bcott. Actually, I have been trying to catch him and get him out...short of tearing the tank apart. He is a great fish, but...very skiddish in my tank, although he will occasionally eat from my hand. He is prone to leaping into the lights, & racing around the tank at lightning speeds which scares the other fish from feeding. It may be something he has figured out{oh yes, don't put this past a fish}, that if he swoops back & forth he gets the lion's share. He also seems to be unhappy with my strong lighting, and spends most of the day under the large millipora. He has faded in color, which could be due to the lack of a female present. I think he should be in a 6 ft tank, not my 4' one.. with a female, and low or at least 20K lighting. I have a McCosker's male, who is always out and is also gorgeous.He will stay much smaller.

bcott

Originally Posted by promisetbg
Thank you Bcott. Actually, I have been trying to catch him and get him out...short of tearing the tank apart. He is a great fish, but...very skiddish in my tank, although he will occasionally eat from my hand. He is prone to leaping into the lights, & racing around the tank at lightning speeds which scares the other fish from feeding. It may be something he has figured out{oh yes, don't put this past a fish}, that if he swoops back & forth he gets the lion's share. He also seems to be unhappy with my strong lighting, and spends most of the day under the large millipora. He has faded in color, which could be due to the lack of a female present. I think he should be in a 6 ft tank, not my 4' one.. with a female, and low or at least 20K lighting. I have a McCosker's male, who is always out and is also gorgeous.He will stay much smaller.
I actually just ordered a male McCosker wrasse last night and I hope to get him tomorrow. I've never met anyone with one, how do you like him?

promisetbg

He is awesome, always out & flashing...but intimidated by the scott's when he starts his crazy swimming thing.

promisetbg

Hi, thanks for the compliment. The 90 gal has 2 X 250 Ushio 10 K MH's on electronic ballasts, and 4 X 110 URI super actinic VHO's on an Icecap 660.

peef

Hey can you post some closer up pics of your FW tanks for me, I REALLY like the look of them from afar! I am thinking about getting into some "green growth" FW tanks. Being Lots of controled algae growth and such. Excellant SW tanks also!!!

promisetbg

Thanks for all the very nice compliments. My tanks are kept cool by fans built into the canopy & stand, and my AC. I am in central Florida. I can take a pic inside the canopy for you & post closer pics of the fw tanks. I have a couple pics of the first one{on the left}, but need new pics of the second one as it has a couple changes.