New pictures, new fish, few polyp problems. Pictures

jer4916

Hey guys.
I recently took some photos...but I've been noticing my polyps are acting strange..and i cant figure out why.
I discribe in the photos whats going on, so im not going to repeat myself.
My water quality is perfect. all levels are at zero including phosphates.
I use RO/DI water.
4, 55 watt power compacts.
2. 400 watt MH's
Temp. 78F, 2 degree boune when mh's come on.

jer4916

Thanks for the comment,
Does anyone know what that brown stuff is on my green star polyps (very last picture)
thanks
~Chris

How deep is this tank and where are the polyps you are having problems with? You have 4 55 watt pc's and 2 400w MH's what size tank. This might be to much light for these softies and you might be burning them.

jer4916

Originally Posted by Dragonladylea
How deep is this tank and where are the polyps you are having problems with? You have 4 55 watt pc's and 2 400w MH's what size tank. This might be to much light for these softies and you might be burning them.

the tank is quite deep, 2 1/2 feet, i have had most of the corals in the tank for well over 5 months and nothing has ever " burned " any of them...but yeah... im kinda worried... has anyone else had problems like this?
~Chris

jer4916

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
try a frsh water dip on polyps, may be nudi's

You can give corals fresh water dips?

teresaq

yup, just get a bowl, and fill with r/o water the same temp and your tank. take the rock with the polyps on it, and swish it around in the fresh water for a min or two. If you have nudi's, they will fall off in the water. if some do fall off, make sure you look for the eggs too. they look like a curly q

teresaq

I had a few colonys close up like that, and they had them. I had to dip them every few days, and pick off the eggs.
hope you figure out whats wrong with your corals.