New PomPom Xenia (pic)

j21kickster

Just got this today as a frag trade from one of the members here- it looks awsome and was pulsing from the minute i put it in there- nice color too-

revex

I have one of those, except mine is about 1/16 that size(got it real cheep) and mine looks like its dieing :( Its alot smaller then it used to be and it doesn't come out fully anymore.

bdubbya

Looks good Kickster. My polyps are doing great. Give them a little while and they will be pulsing like nuts. Good luck, Blake.

A

alti

i have some too. they dont seem to like as much light as the xenia elongata i have. i had them in about the exact same lighting and the pom pom started to shrivel up. i moved it a bit lower and it is making a strong comeback now.

nerdy

I have regular pulsing xenias. But aren't all types of xenias beautiful!! Yours are really nice!!

rook

I got some xenia about six months ago. Cool but a pain in the rear. It has spread and devided more than anything I have seen. A small piece (one head) is now about twenty times larger. It also likes to move around. I has moved to the highest light and highest current. It is right at the top of my tank in direct current. I put it at the bottom. It also has been moving onto my montipora. Just this weekend I had cut it off of the mont, and drop it on one side that is void of any good activity. Hopefully it will stay there.

j21kickster

thanks guys
bdub- so they are doing well - thats good- if you can turn your actinics on and the other lights off for a while they really glow - that capnella coral is one of my favorite- grows well and is a good coral to have- sometimes it changes color- beige one day- green the next
the orange ones on the seperate rock with the grey centers are about my favorite- i dont see them often- if you look close- they have a yellow mouth- i have had my zoos for about 3 weeks now and it is easy to see where they are splitting as starting new polyps- good luck