New Purple LTA!!!

schneijt

Here's the new purple lta I bought on Tuesday. I released him into the tank at about 11:30 pm Tuesday night, my Clarkii started hosting him within seconds, and by morning he was buried in the sand. He's huge. The employee and I at the LFS thought there were three of 'em in the tank, but when he went to get "one" for me, we discovered it's one gigantic lta. It's 7-8 inches across. Wow!!! And the best part is, it was only $59.99, and I got 10% off with my Fish Club membership. It hasn't fed yet, but I'm sure it will in a few days once it gets acclimated better.
I also talked with my lfs about the other purple anemone I bought that was dyed. They're not sure how they managed to get it, but they're on the lookout for any others that might come in. But for sure the color on this one is natural.:D
-Joe S.

schneijt

Why thank you Thomas! Now if only my Clarkii would stop stealing food from the new LTA when I try to feed it...:rolleyes:
Even if I feed the Clarkii first, he'll still take it away just for the fun of it. I'm to the point where I chase him around the tank with an algae scraper just to give my anemones a minute to take the food in. Of course, the new LTA has yet to actually eat, so it's rather useless at the time being. Anyway, I'll keep everyone posted if anything new should happen with the new addition.
-Joe S.

schneijt

Well, this morning its base is puffed up again and it's mostly out of the sand. So, I guess it's still acclimating. Doesn't help that the clown won't stop playing in it...

vdvu

Originally posted by schneijt
Now if only my Clarkii would stop stealing food from the new LTA when I try to feed it...:rolleyes:
Even if I feed the Clarkii first, he'll still take it away just for the fun of it. I'm to the point where I chase him around the tank with an algae scraper just to give my anemones a minute to take the food in. Of course, the new LTA has yet to actually eat, so it's rather useless at the time being. Anyway, I'll keep everyone posted if anything new should happen with the new addition.
-Joe S.

my clarki does the samething...i guess tank raised clowns will take awhile to work it