New Reef Safe Cure For Ich

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the ginger theory has been floating around for a few yrs. Who knows? I certainly don't by reading that thread. But the poster's comments immediately told me that he is not very knowledgeable about ich just from what he said in his first post.
BTW: Links to other BB are kinda illegal.

loopy

I am using Kick Ich and it works. Many say it doesn't, but my results have been really really good.

loopy

The fish are eating again, swimming again, no ich at all. They were doing nothing but hiding, breathing hard and not eating prior to starting the treatment. They are no longer breathing hard, and there is no sign of ich. I know I am going to get flamed on this, but I don't care. It works. I will stand by that long and hard.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
And what about spots, did you see them? Also, how long has it been since the ich has been gone?
Additionally, I have never said that the reef meds don't ever work. What I have said, is that they are not reliable. This means that putting meds into a tank is really a bad choice all around for the health of a tank, and that these reef meds, just do not have a good enough reliability factor when it comes to effectiveness.
If I treat a fish appropriately with hyposalinity, I am very sure that the fish is cured. If I treat a fish with a reef safe med, it may work, but it is just as likely not to work. To me, this is not good enough odds, Especially when the treatment could have long terms effects on my tank and it is likely not to work anyway.
Reefers need to keep the chemicals out of their tanks.