New Reef Tank

tjnitro

I am looking at upgrading my 75 gallon reef tank to a 300 gallon reef tank. I want to be able to move my two clown fish, 2 fire fish, 2 chromes, 1 blue tang (small) to the tank. I wold like to be able to get a Mandarin and maybe a couple other tangs or some different fish. What all would i be able to add to a tank that size?

florida joe

just about anything the home hobbyist can acquire, before looking into a list of things to stock i would work on my filtration and lighting requirements

mrdc

Exactly. I would worry about getting the tank setup first and getting your current inhabitants moved over before worrying about new stock. Your new tank can house quite a bit so no worries there.

tjnitro

Yea i am not in a rush. I will build the new tank over the course of about 6 months. Filtration will not be a problem because i am having that part custom build by a professional that does that for a living. As for lights i am going with MH.
I was just wondering before i pull the trigger on getting the new tank if i would be able to have the fish that i would like to have. My plan is to have it ready to move my blue Tang into in one year from now. thats about the time i expect him to outgrow the 75 gallon that i have him in now.
I hope to have the pod population up by then to be able to have a Mandarin.

flower

300g reef..LOL be sure to get some scuba gear too, that's big enough to go swimming with the fishes.. Sounds awesome!