New reef time lapse progression

msd2

Well I thought some of the newer members might enjoy seeing what might happen in their tank as it slowly grows into itself. By no means is this an aged tank, its 3 months old. Most of my stock came from my 55gal which was up for several years. Anyway I will attach 3 pics to show how it has changed over the last 3 months. Any comments are welcome.
Picture right after transfer from 55gal tank on
9/2004

msd2

the carpet is getting very large and I have fragged the button polyp's few times. I feel for the second coral, he tries to grow but his big brother seems to get most of the attention. Clams under the new lighting seem to be doing better but suprisingly have not been growing any faster. (previous was a 175wt mh w/actincs on the 55gal, now the 175 and two 250 mh along with actinics).

msd2

Mr. Colt is out of control :) the long tenticle anemone has done okay but not super.

mpls man

Originally posted by msd2
the carpet is getting very large and I have fragged the button polyp's few times. I feel for the second coral, he tries to grow but his big brother seems to get most of the attention. Clams under the new lighting seem to be doing better but suprisingly have not been growing any faster. (previous was a 175wt mh w/actincs on the 55gal, now the 175 and two 250 mh along with actinics).

Nice looking tank, as far as the clams growig i found they need a lot of calcium, mine is growing good since i uped it, i also have my clam in the sand, dont know if that makes any difference ?

robchuck

The new tank is already filled in nicely...it's almost time for another upgrade!
The carpet looks like it's out for world domination!

msd2

The Ca levels are always a bit on the high side usually around 550, I think they are just finky lil critters those clams :D Im actually glad they are still alive after so many horror stories I have read.
Yeah the carpet is getting super big. What I want to do is get the tomato clown out and put in 3 or so tank percs so they will play in him.
The striking thing to me also was coraline algae growth. I didn't have any for for first few months, now it is starting to take off like wildfire.

robchuck

Originally posted by msd2
The striking thing to me also was coraline algae growth. I didn't have any for for first few months, now it is starting to take off like wildfire.

Same thing with my 29. I set it up by transferring everything from my old 65 gallon reef about the same time as yours and now have to scrape coralline off the front and side panes almost every day, and the back pane and all of my plumbing is already almost completely covered.