new RO/DI unit

R

rkhlk

I brought a new RO/Di 6 stage unit on ---- last night from a company callled aquasafecanada for under $100.00 the price was too good to be true..anyone have any experiance with this or did I get screwed?
rkhlk

timo

I've been happily using one for several months. I feel as if I got a great deal and have truly enjoyed not lugging containers around, especially when in a water pinch.
I keep at least 25 gallons on hand.

R

rkhlk

thank you very much... getting some feedback about it makes me feel better about my purchase... it really seems like a good deal and I can't wait to get it and get it installed.
rkhlk

timo

It's really not hard to install... however I do wish it came with a faucet adaptor... I drilled it right into the cold water line. Gonna be tough when I move!!!
Otherwise, just think out where you want to install the thing...it sure is huge... and prepare yourself for water on demand...
I suggest getting a couple 7 gallon jugs from WalMart. I learned that if I place that in the sink when refilling, as it fills so quick, when I forget about it and it overflows, it just runs into the sink, rather than the floor! Oh, the joy of trial and error!
I feel so liberated from the clean water racket. I've already paid for it in just 4 months (I have 3 tanks) compared to store bought water.
Enjoy

R

rkhlk

Well I live in kinda a rural area and have well water so we have a spring water cooler for our drinking water ... so i was considering piping it into our the water supply that feeds the ice maker and water dispenser in the refridgerater so we can get rid of water cooler and enjoy ro/di water for us and the fish ...hope it works
tks for all your input
rkhlk

timo

Well water may foul the filters faster than usual. Look into a TDS meter (sold by them) to check for deteriorating quality. Otherwise, look into a sort of a pre-filter to extend filter life.
What GPD did you get... and did you opt for the pressurised container?

R

rkhlk

i got the 75 gpd unit and no i did not get a pressurized tank but I have seen sanitized tanks at grainger for about 20 bucks if I do need one what kind of pre filter would i need?

harlequinnut

I installed it next to the laundry tub with the blue pail to collect the ro/di water. The waste water goes right into the laundry tub without drilling into the drainage pipe, the only drilling was the cold water feed pipe.

R

rkhlk

man you guys got me all worked up now I can't wait..I will let you know how this works out for me
rkhlk

rbmount

I just installed mine yesterday.from A..W....I...com, It took about 5 minutes to install. I just hope when it gets broke in it dosen't waste so much water. I filled my washing machine with waste water just to make 4 gallons of RO/DI water.

gammabill

:happy: I bought the six stage unit on ---- also, mine came with a holding tank and drinking faucet......also an automatic shut off valve. Best thing I ever bought, saves so much time hauling water and storing. AND THE FISH REALLY ENJOY THE NEW WATER! Was using tap water (letting it set for a couple of days) and worried that I was harming the fish, coral and other critters.

solrny

i got the 6stage from the same guy on ----(aquasafe-cananda), i must say it the cheapest best investment i made for this hooby! got mine deliver in no time. i am very happy with it, very easy to hook up, i did no use the pipe pirecing thing but went ot lowes and got a fixture for $5bucks to hook up to the laudry faucet. i talked to that guy he seems very cool, he explained the warrenty and i got the impression thtat it is second to none.