new ro/di

hoycetee

i just got my kent marine deluxe hi-s maxxima 35gpd today and dont have a flush kit yet yet and was wondering is it good or bad to let water set in it for few days at a time when not in use. and do you know if its bad to run water through it thats like 50-60 degrees

thangbom

i dont know about the other q but i do know about the temp thing... i run cold water through my ro/di unit cuzz hot or even warm water makes the ro/di membrane more elastic like.. and open the pore more.. making it less effective in removing stuff..

jamiehag

I have the same unit just the 60gph deluxe hi s maxxima one with a solenoid shutoff valve and tds meter. If you read through the instrutions it says that the best temp for operation is around room temp or 70 degrees but works at lower temps also, and 60-80psi water pressure. under 60psi and the gph output is about half of what the unit is rated at.. It is also better to leave the water sit in it so that the filters do not dry out between uses as this will ruin the membraine. I do not have a flush kit eaither all that will help with is extending the filter life you still have to flush the unit manually with the kit. The solenoid shutoff valve stops the unit from running wast water automatically when it is not in use.