new ro/di

deejeff442

another what do i get.i have a cheaper 6 stage unit but since i moved to this home a yr. ago i have had alot of fish health problems.i want to buy a better system.i found a nice system from a company called the filter guys.ro/di for fish tanks.5 stage 75 gpd unit for $200.anyone heard of them?or where else do you suggest for a better system.i really want to eliminate this bad water problem.

bulldog123

Jeff, alot of people like the filter guys products. I do not know how ever if its because of the preformance, price, or availability. I can tell you I run a SpectraPure and am very happy with it. I chose to go with two seperate units and connect them.

pezenfuego

The prices and quality for The Filter Guys is great, but the main reason I like them is because of their excellent communication and customer care.
You don't just have to make an order online, you can call and talk to the guys and get recommendations (hey they know what they're doing).
You also receive an instruction manual that outlines how to set up your system.
I would highly recommend them, you won't be disappointed.

deejeff442

the system i have now is a cheap e-bay one.my water hasnt been good since i bought it.i dont want to take a chance and buy more expensive fish.i would rather just be sure and get a better unit.

pezenfuego

Originally Posted by deejeff442
http:///forum/post/3225112
the system i have now is a cheap e-bay one.my water hasnt been good since i bought it.i dont want to take a chance and buy more expensive fish.i would rather just be sure and get a better unit.
Units from e-bay have two problems (in general). The first problem is the crappy filters. You can easily fix that by buying new filters.
The other problem has to do with the material they are made of. The e-bay ones are generally made of cheap plastic and have a better chance of rupturing.