New rock from lfs.

entice59

id hate to steal your spotlight but heres a picture of my new rocks just put it in the tank two days ago

dfishh

really cool charvel, but u got alot o brown alga growth on the sand. i would say vacum the substrate, but u cantdo taht with sand, tahts y i prefer crushed coral
DAVE

dfishh

also wat kind of shrimp is that in the hole in the middle of teh lr, it looks really cool, is it a cleaner?

charvel

Originally posted by DfishH
also wat kind of shrimp is that in the hole in the middle of teh lr, it looks really cool, is it a cleaner?

Thanks it is an arrow crab. The Tank is only 17 days old I think the brown will go away. Mike.

entice59

not to bring you down in anyway, but 17 days old is pretty new, new enough that you shouldnt have anything in that tank esp a invert
did you cycle your tank yet? if not... your arrow might not survive

charvel

Originally posted by entice59
not to bring you down in anyway, but 17 days old is pretty new, new enough that you shouldnt have anything in that tank esp a invert
did you cycle your tank yet? if not... your arrow might not survive

entice, I know my tank is new I wrote 17 days old cause thats how old it is,thats why I still have diatom algae ( I hope) as far as the invert don't worry all my levals are perfect. Please go to the post about my tank not cycling,it is on page one third of the way down under 'my tank wont cycle.Take care, Mike

buzz

You can't expect everyone reading a post to go and see all other posts you have made. Entice is just trying to help.
Inverts are particularly sensitive to high nitrate levels. If you avoided a cycle, great. I did on my 29g too. But it is rare for that to happen. Just keep an eye out for it.
The rock looks good. Make sure it is braced good though. Some of it looks like it could topple.
And don't worry about the color of your sand bed. That is a healthy sign of a new tank maturing. It will disappear.

charvel

Originally posted by Buzz
You can't expect everyone reading a post to go and see all other posts you have made. Entice is just trying to help.
Inverts are particularly sensitive to high nitrate levels. If you avoided a cycle, great. I did on my 29g too. But it is rare for that to happen. Just keep an eye out for it.
The rock looks good. Make sure it is braced good though. Some of it looks like it could topple.
And don't worry about the color of your sand bed. That is a healthy sign of a new tank maturing. It will disappear.

Buzz I know he is just trying to help. As far as everyone reading a post I only once asked one person to read 1 post,entice.I just thought the brown was normal for a new tank,and commented on the 17 day old verses new thats all.No problem.Mike.

entice59

im not an expert, i only know information that i learned on this messageboard for the past few months, i'll take a look later after tonight... since i do not have the time to search and go back and forth, buzz was right, i would have probably helped you earlier if you just copy and pasted what you wanted to say
i didnt cycle my tank either
oh and INSERTfishHERE, whats up with your arrowcrab? it has two legs on one side and 4 on the other, whats up with that? if your arrowcrab is your pride and joy, then i seriously doubt you'll want any healthy animals in the long run, why dont you just go to the grocery store and just buy the dead fish.... People like you make me sick...
ok phillip im just kidding and i hope you guys dont take what i said seriously, im just messing around

buzz

Just sounded like you were a little irritated Charvel. Just wanted to clarify. No worries...
The brown is normal for a new tank. It will go away. I think you're doing fine. My only concern would be for your Arrow Crab. Just keep a close eye on your levels.

charvel

Originally posted by entice59
im not an expert, i only know information that i learned on this messageboard for the past few months, i'll take a look later after tonight... since i do not have the time to search and go back and forth, buzz was right, i would have probably helped you earlier if you just copy and pasted what you wanted to say entice59, I just learned how to post a pic today.If I knew how to copy and pasted I would have (I'm sure it's not that difficult) The other thread really wasn't that important, I just thought you might like to see it.
i didnt cycle my tank either
oh and INSERTfishHERE, whats up with your arrowcrab? it has two legs on one side and 4 on the other, whats up with that? if your arrowcrab is your pride and joy, then i seriously doubt you'll want any healthy animals in the long run, why dont you just go to the grocery store and just buy the dead fish.... People like you make me sick...
ok phillip im just kidding and i hope you guys dont take what i said seriously, im just messing around

entice59

i ment no hostility towards anyone and no one bothered me, i just dont have the time right now to search through something and come back right now... i'll be back later tonight, again, the messageboard is drawing me in... :D