new rose BTA

bn91280

reefmate, that is actually what I just came to post about, the RBTA has moved back behind my "rock wall", and is barely visible. He has shrunk up to a fairly small size (comparatively). I believe I've read that this is something they will do when finding the right spot/getting to know the tank, but was hoping for some reassurance from you all. He attached to the rock just fine the night I got him, and has been moving around some, so as far as I can tell, there is no reason to think he is unhealthy.
Also, I only have 64 w of PC's in the tank now (24 gallon), I realize this is not enough for the RBTA, has anyone seen or used any good setups for a 24 gal aquapod? I ran across the sun pod, but have seen some bad reviews, has anyone used one, or heard much about them? The sun pod has a 150w MH, would this be too much for a 24 gal?

shrimpi

I have a 150w sunpod on my 24g aquapod
it has a RBTA, plate coral, torch, zoos, palys, goniopora, various shrooms, candy cane, xenia... etc.
I dont have any problems with lighting needs however I DO NOT keep sps so I cant comment on that.
I had a clam but my little mantis ate it from one side.. out the other :(
The 24g AP (mine) supposedly runs like 82 out of the box, I do keep my AC really low so the room stays cool, but otherwise you may need a chiller based on the ambient temperature of your home.
Hope this helps
Jess

bn91280

Jess, is your tank supposed to run at 82 with the sunpod? or was that before the sunpod. Mine stays at about 82 right now, but it also has an enclosed top that obviously will be gone if I get the sun pod. Just curious if I should go ahead and buy a chiller when I get the light or not. Not sure what the return policies are like if I don't end up using it lol