New shrooms (pics)

zanoshanox

Got these today on a rock thats got a lot of star polyps on it too, havent opened up yet but i had to post a pic! (cell phone)

zanoshanox

If you're talking about the price that it would cost to buy the coral directly from the wholesaler, that's what I did. I work for my LFS and buy all of the corals for the store from the local wholesalers.

beansell

About 2 years ago I was given one of the purple (like you have) and one red mushroom and now they have gotten out of hand in my tank and covered just about every inch of live rock in the tank (while killing the frilly mushrooms in the tank). Keep an eye on them if you do not want them spreading too far.

zanoshanox

Thats sweet, theyre super nice colored shrooms though. I like them a lot and hopefully i'll be fragging them off soon.

beansell

Yea, it is nice that they divide so quickly, but just watch out when they get close to other corals as they seem to be quite agressive in eliminating things in their path. From what I have learned the red ones I have seem more agressive than the purple/blue ones as they have even overtaken some of the areas purple ones once occupied.