New skimmer not making bubbles

Hello, I need a little help. I just put in a new skimmer into my 55g because the old one died, & it's running sending water up to the collection cup but zero bubbles. I have it in now 9" of water I had it in less & still the same no bubbles.

SC 103 a company from California , they did get back with me (when there closed on Saturday ) finally got it. stuff got stuck in the venture....I blew air in didn't seem clogged pulled it a part & well that was the issue. (24 hours later) working great & started a light skim mate

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpeachy36 http:///t/397750/new-skimmer-not-making-bubbles#post_3546382
SC 103 a company from California , they did get back with me (when there closed on Saturday ) finally got it. stuff got stuck in the venture....I blew air in didn't seem clogged pulled it a part & well that was the issue. (24 hours later) working great & started a light skim mate

Hi,

Glad to hear you got it working... I hate it when stuff that's brand new doesn't work right, having to take it apart to clear it is a bad sign right off the get go, but things do happen. Keep us posted on anything else this brand does so we can tell others to steer clear or go for it. This site is the best place to find out what equipment lives up to it's name and what doesn't...Can't beat hands on experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///t/397750/new-skimmer-not-making-bubbles#post_3546573

Hi,

Glad to hear you got it working... I hate it when stuff that's brand new doesn't work right, having to take it apart to clear it is a bad sign right off the get go, but things do happen. Keep us posted on anything else this brand does so we can tell others to steer clear or go for it. This site is the best place to find out what equipment lives up to it's name and what doesn't...Can't beat hands on experience.

Sorry to take so long to get a picture of it working. Every time I did remember to get a pic I had just cleaned out the collection cup. The skimmer is quite. I'm very happy with it.

2quills

9" might be a little deep. It looks like the skimmate is a tad watery.
I'd consider raising it maybe a half inch to an inch and see if it ultimately skimms a little darker and not quite as fast.

pegasus

9" sounds fairly deep for any skimmer. Check the mfg recommendation and use it. I built a spacer using egg crate and zip ties to get my XP-2000i to the correct level. Adjusting the skimmer's internal water level a little lower will also yield a darker, thicker skimmate. You don't want it too thin, as you're removing salt water, which can/will lower your salinity. Just something to consider when making adjustments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus http:///t/397750/new-skimmer-not-making-bubbles#post_3547276
9" sounds fairly deep for any skimmer. Check the mfg recommendation and use it. I built a spacer using egg crate and zip ties to get my XP-2000i to the correct level. Adjusting the skimmer's internal water level a little lower will also yield a darker, thicker skimmate. You don't want it too thin, as you're removing salt water, which can/will lower your salinity. Just something to consider when making adjustments...

I'll check the mfg as what they recommend, but I think I will use less water in my sump to adjust the water level. I used to keep less water in the sump with the old skimmer that died. This skimmer is much bigger than my old one so I assumed it needed a lot more water to sit in. I have a Bubble Mag Nac 6 on my other tank and the mfg recommend 10 to 12" of water, I have it sitting in about 9" and it works so much better there. I have not yet master the very dark thick skimmate but will keep trying. My auto top offs to all 3 of my tanks is Me