New Skimmer? or DIY skimmer

jb rekit

Thinking about a new skimmer since I am fairly positive the one I am using is WAY to small for my new tank. It is also in a wet dry that I am using only for the skimmer (would like to take it completely out of the system).
I have no idea what brand it is. It came with the wet dry filter that I bought when I first got started in saltwater about 10 - 11 years ago. I think the wet dry was rated for up to a 110 gallon tank and the skimmer has a 200 gph powerhead on it if that helps at all.
As far as new skimmers go, what is the best bang for the buck these days. Don't what to spend a lot of money and find out I could have gotten a lot better unit for the same price. I am also willing to experiment and try a DIY skimmer if anyone has had good results with those and would like to share their design with me.
tank specs
180 gal
75 gal fuge

jb rekit

Well, I already offered the whole wet dry to my buddy as pay for helping me swap tanks all weekend a while ago.
And I'm not sure if you would want it sticking it in a 20 gal or not anyway b.c it is about 4 in in diameter (maybe 4.5").

dad

I made my own skimmer for around $100.00 this includes the air pump.
It is rather large though. It is 5" tall and and takes about 12" dia to hold all the hoses etc.
It does though take daily ajusting to do a good job. Not much but you have to keep an eye on it.......
I have the thing drawn up somewhere if you are interested?

jb rekit

Dad - Yes I am interested in your plans
and Wonka I will e-mail you if he doesn't end up taking it, but I am 99% sure he still wants it.