new skimmer

jacrmill

My prizm skimmer is finally dying. I have had it since 2001 and thought it did an ok job. But in the next couple weeks I will be buying a new skimmer and wanted some quick opinions. But the problem is that my sump is pretty small, it is made out of a 10 gallon tank. The foot print for the skimmer has to be less than 6x10. So I figured I would just have to buy a HOB and hang it on the back of my sump. So what type of skimmer would you guys recommend? By the way I would like to stay under $200. I was considering just buying another prizm, but it looks like I could make a Remora fit. I've also noticied the aquaC Remora Urchin, which is an in sump, but has a small foot print. What about those 3, or any other suggestions?
Tank set up:
37 gallon with a 10 gallon sump/fuge
40 pounds of rock
Filtration:
Only filtration is filter sponge in my bubble trap, sponge in my overflow and a filter sock.
Also run Chaeto in my sump
Eventual full stock load:
royal gramma
6 line wrasse
flame angel
goby or blenny
Thanks for the help...

mr_x

some say the remora is a good skimmer but i did not like mine. i woudl go as far as saying it was terrible. all the urchin is is a regular remora with a piece of flat acrylic glued on the bottom to make a stand.
i've had a good experience with an aqua medic turbofloater. you'll most likely have to hang it on the side though.

sman

I have a remora on my 50 breeder, and an urchin pro on my 90, both are great, imo. I set them and forget their even there, minus emptying the cup.