New Skimmer

trinette02

We recently got us a skimmer should it be releasing micro bubbles? Is it okay for my fish? It's a sea clone hang on the back... Not a great one but all I could afford for now...

fallout

umm I'm pretty sure you don't want to release bubbles into the display tank. I've always heard bubbles are bad for fish. I could be wrong though.

E

eric b 125

when you figure out how to get seaclones adjusted correctly, they can pull some nasty stuff out. do you have the air flow valve fully closed? is there an air-pocket in the j-tube? the way i adjusted mine was by turning the air flow valve to the left just enough to create that big air pocket in the j-tube, then i would turn the air flow valve to the right just enough to make the air pocket go away.

naclh2o nut

I have the SC 150 and the only way to get it to work is stay on top of it until it starts working then you are good to go.
Set it up and turn it on. Adjust air knob to no air in at all. Then slowly turn knob to add air. Turn until you see air bubbles coming into tank.
Then Slowly, very slowly, as slow as you can, (you get it slow) turn knob back until the bubbles stop coming into tank. This may have to be adjusted everyday until the foam starts to rise in the top. Once it starts working it will amaze you the amount of gunk it will pull.
Be patient it will work shortly. Mine took about 3 weeks.