New Skimmer

cdek11

I am so happy it is like Christmas today. I have to write on here because my wife was like what is that? Me a new skimmer for tank. O ok I guess. I picked up the Aquamaxx and this thing is perfect. Very easy to set up and did not have to fight with it to get into small sump space. My tank must have been filled with fish poo it only took 3 hours to start getting junk into cup. So far so good I took pictures but not sure how to attach them. I give tha aquamaxx an 100 so far

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdek11 http:///t/395027/new-skimmer#post_3516203
I am so happy it is like Christmas today. I have to write on here because my wife was like what is that? Me a new skimmer for tank. O ok I guess. I picked up the Aquamaxx and this thing is perfect. Very easy to set up and did not have to fight with it to get into small sump space. My tank must have been filled with fish poo it only took 3 hours to start getting junk into cup. So far so good I took pictures but not sure how to attach them. I give tha aquamaxx an 100 so far
LOL...congratulations.
Keep us updated, because a good skimmer is hard to find. I like the Octopus and Tunze brands...but I went through quite a few other brands I just hated. Coralife will forever be on my crap list.

cdek11

This is after about three hours in sump. Rodi water to wash off skimmer than put into sump; it is in about 8.5 to 9 inches of water.

cdek11

Here are two more pictures I just took at 840. Skimmer has not been running for a full 24 hrs yet.

flower

Hi,
Turn it down just a bit...the water it's pulling out is too green... so it's running what is called wet skimming, and it will drop your SG as you replace the lost water with RO. When you slow it down, the gunk will be nasty dark brown like tea. It does have lots of foam, and should be great once you get it set on the right level of skimming....Looks like a keeper.

cdek11

So far I am happy it is working so much better than the cheap one I was using. I will post some more pictures in the morning. Just need to fine tune it.

cdek11

Ok this Aquamaxx skimmer has been in my system for a month now and I still love it. I do not have to adjust it anymore just set it in sump set the level and watch it run. A very easy system
[/IMG]