new store in IL

halo_frk03

lol rusting u think u can save me a t-shirt?? i wont be able to be there at 10 : ( its ok if u cant... lol... what are the hours on saturday? and what are some of the "door prizes"?

rusting

Originally Posted by HaLo_Frk03
lol rusting u think u can save me a t-shirt?? i wont be able to be there at 10 : ( its ok if u cant... lol... what are the hours on saturday? and what are some of the "door prizes"?

They will tell us tomorrow, but I wont be there untill saturday

halo_frk03

not impressed
fish are really way way expensive..... pretty much just a petland or ***** with higher prices.... only business they will have from me will be the 75 gallon for 75 bucks.... they had an emp. angel for 700?!!!!!!!!!!!! most of the people there didnt seem like they knew what they were talking about... had prettty much no corals.... well thats my review

madmax50

refeer75 there is a good LFS in Romeoville. The place is super clean The fish are all juvies and at good prices.

reefer75

Originally Posted by madmax50
refeer75 there is a good LFS in Romeoville. The place is super clean The fish are all juvies and at good prices.

Where are they located? I go to one in shorewood, but the selection is slim.

halo_frk03

Originally Posted by LedZep fan
What is the name of the website????
The Zep
google aquarium adventure its a franchise

ledzep fan

Hey Halo have you been there? How much is a Yellow Tang?( This is how i know if they are expensive ) And 50% off on all saltwaterfish!! :scared: Thats awsome!!!!! Thanks
The Zep

reefer75

Originally Posted by reefer75
Where are they located? I go to one in shorewood, but the selection is slim.
Bump

C

captmorgan

i got back from that new store in hoffman way overpriced 89$flame angel. 59 yellow tangs,99 baby blue tangs, nice looking store they got to pay the overhead off to many people standing around, they will not be getting my money

jmick

I went to this place this during my lunch break and it’s a very nice looking store but their prices are outrageous! I commented to one of the employees and he told me that all fish and liverock/corals are 50% and even at 50% I think they are over priced…coral was sub par (wanted 100$ for a small colt coral). I do not see them competing with Beyond the Reef or Advanced Aquatics, both stores have better pricing and more knowledgeable employees and a only minutes away.
Wanted to throw this in, I was out on sales calls last week and ran across Coral Paradise in Arlington Heights. They had a very nice selection of zoa frags ($20 for very nice pieces) and their other coral/fish selections were very nice and were healthy looking.

halo_frk03

Originally Posted by Jmick
I went to this place this during my lunch break and it’s a very nice looking store but their prices are outrageous! I commented to one of the employees and he told me that all fish and liverock/corals are 50% and even at 50% I think they are over priced…coral was sub par (wanted 100$ for a small colt coral). I do not see them competing with Beyond the Reef or Advanced Aquatics, both stores have better pricing and more knowledgeable employees and a only minutes away.
Wanted to throw this in, I was out on sales calls last week and ran across Coral Paradise in Arlington Heights. They had a very nice selection of zoa frags ($20 for very nice pieces) and their other coral/fish selections were very nice and were healthy looking.
id like to double the request for coral paradise.. that is my main lfs... great guy... and fish and corals in great condition.. he really cares

jmick

Originally Posted by HaLo_Frk03
id like to double the request for coral paradise.. that is my main lfs... great guy... and fish and corals in great condition.. he really cares
It was nice to walk into the shop for the first time and the owner introduced himself and gave me a card and showed me the different corals they had. Was great to see that all of his tanks had qaulity lighting and all the livestock was in great shape. It's alittle out of my way but I plan to buy my coral from his shop.

jmick

Originally Posted by LedZep fan
Is there a online site for Coral Paradise??? I think i'll check it out. Where is it located?
The Zep

They are in Arlington Heights off of northwest highway. coralparadise dot org

halo_frk03

Originally Posted by Jmick
They are in Arlington Heights off of northwest highway. coralparadise dot org
ya,, jim is great.. he really cares about the fish and his prices are so much better than beyond and advanced and adventure and such!