New Sump Pics/ Micro Bubble helll-p

hansgruber

Just finished my sump.. I cant get rid of th damn micro bubbles. Will they go away after stuff has been running for a while with sand/rock in. This is the second design already and I think it got worse. HELP!!!!

bojik

Try turning the output of that up and put a plate over that section to keep it from spraying everywhere? At an angle so its like another baffle so the iar goes up onside the water down the other. Perhaps u pipe it to face up just below the water ? Only thing i can think of not well versed in scratch sumps.

stingrayjs

It also loks like the sump is over filled. If you stop the pumps to simulate a power failure it looks like it will flood.

hansgruber

Actually it just fills to the rim when the power is off.

Anyone else have any ideas on how to get rid of the microbubbles in DT. Going from right to left I have a OUO baffle, how much taller should the 1st Over be then the last Over. Right now its less then 1/2 inch, probably closer to 1/4 inch. :help:

E

e.es.c

Originally Posted by HansGruber
Actually it just fills to the rim when the power is off.

Anyone else have any ideas on how to get rid of the microbubbles in DT. Going from right to left I have a OUO baffle, how much taller should the 1st Over be then the last Over. Right now its less then 1/2 inch, probably closer to 1/4 inch. :help:
I have this problem in one of mine all you need to do is to get one of those blue sponge things that come in the ones you buy in the store and it will stop it

hansgruber

Originally Posted by E.ES.C
I have this problem in one of mine all you need to do is to get one of those blue sponge things that come in the ones you buy in the store and it will stop it

Are you talking about adding foam between the baffles? ... if so isn't that a Nitrate trap and has to be rinsed very often?

E

e.es.c

Are you talking about adding foam between the baffles? ... if so isn't that a Nitrate trap and has to be rinsed very often?

Thats what i have and i havent had any problems with it i have a powerhead sitting on top of it to just to spin the water around in my fuge a little more

adamc1303

The sponge will work well, at least it did for me. I clean mine out when ever I do a water change and I have not had any problems for the past year and half.

bojik

I jsut rmemebered a trick i used for something else i had a while back that was making too many bubbles. I used a reducing T pipe fitting hte larger two where the straight secton the smaller DIA connecter was the perpendicular one. I connected the output to one end and pointed the smalelr dia one UP with a strainer on top. The bubbles went up that and the water went straight out. Though the flow was at most ~160 gph and the bubbles where a bit larger. Though air takes the easiest route up and water the path of least resistance. A cheap idea that might help at least.

lubeck

Your drain pipe is too far into the water cut it off until its 1" or 2 below the water... Make sure you have your water level correct before you cut. it does look like the water level is high. also do you have a hole drilled in that pipe? your drain pipe into the sump, does it have a hole drilled right above the water line? if not, this will help you to. both of those will help. I feel your pain, but you don't know what bubbles are till you see my tank. it took over a month to fix/figure it out. plus it is natural to some extent and will go away eventually.

bojik

Originally Posted by Lubeck
Your drain pipe is too far into the water cut it off until its 1" or 2 below the water... Make sure you have your water level correct before you cut. it does look like the water level is high. also do you have a hole drilled in that pipe? your drain pipe into the sump, does it have a hole drilled right above the water line? if not, this will help you to. both of those will help. I feel your pain, but you don't know what bubbles are till you see my tank. it took over a month to fix/figure it out. plus it is natural to some extent and will go away eventually.
Could almost have made a cheap skimmer out of that section. That's some serious froth....

hurt

Your drain line looks like it is going too deep into that chamber. I would cut some of it off so it is just below the water line and I would also put a 90 degree PVC pipe so the water shots sideways, and not down into this chamber.

hifi

I had the same type of problem, one thing I did & it worked with out to much hassel is I cut the bottom of a 2L pop bottle turned it upside down & placed over the (whatever is causing the bubble's) & left the neck stiking out of the water!!!! Works like a charm it catches the bubbles & funnels up & out of the water. Sometimes space is a issue but thats the cool part about pop bottles you can mod them without fear of wasting money, & you can build it any way you want
. Just my 2 cents.

hansgruber

Originally Posted by HiFi
I had the same type of problem, one thing I did & it worked with out to much hassel is I cut the bottom of a 2L pop bottle turned it upside down & placed over the (whatever is causing the bubble's) & left the neck stiking out of the water!!!! Works like a charm it catches the bubbles & funnels up & out of the water. Sometimes space is a issue but thats the cool part about pop bottles you can mod them without fear of wasting money, & you can build it any way you want
. Just my 2 cents.

Thats a pretty good idea!