New SW tank, dusty water for 2 days :(

jacob10

Hello all,
iam new to this great forum, i have a 275 litre tank, i added sand to it 2 days ago, water still dusty.. filter is running and i used EASYNEO to make the water clear but its still the same.. i turned off the filter now i thought maybe its movin the dusty water all over the tank, please advice :( thanks

spiderwoman

Welcome to SWF

What do you mean you added DUST to it 2 days ago?
What filter do you have, how much substrate and LR is in your tank?

jacob10

ops i meant sand
:D
my filter is Rena and i have 50 kilo of LR, i also have substrat in the filter in one layer

spanko

Should start to clear up soon, as the bacteria colony starts to grow the sand particles will actually become "sticky". This is normal to have a sandstorm, let it sit for a while longer and it should settle down. You will be amazed when it does because all of a sudden your tank will be clear except for the air bubbles hanging around on everything. This too will go away. My concern here is that you have a layer of sand in the Rena and I wonder if it is adding to the dust storm?

jacob10

hey guys thanks for the response and the heads up :)
do u advice me to turn the filter back on ?
spanko: no i dont have sand layer, should i turn the filter on? because yesterday i turned it off for a couple of mins to check something and when i turned it back on i noticed that the water goin out of the filter was dusty for a min then it got clear again, thats why i turned it off in the first place i thought its mixin the sand with the water and ther eis no progress goin on

morval

inside ur filter there should be a filter pad. this will catch the dust in ur water so leave the filter on and rise out the pad every few days till the water is clear

spanko

Originally Posted by Jacob10
http:///forum/post/2747158
hey guys thanks for the response and the heads up :)
do u advice me to turn the filter back on ?
spanko: no i dont have sand layer,
should i turn the filter on? because yesterday i turned it off for a couple of mins to check something and when i turned it back on i noticed that the water goin out of the filter was dusty for a min then it got clear again, thats why i turned it off in the first place i thought its mixin the sand with the water and ther eis no progress goin on

Then what did this mean????
"i also have substrate in the filter in one layer"