New T5 Nova Extreme Pro issues......Suggestions?

spankey

I just bought a Nova Extreme Pro and WOW what a difference on the coverage of light vs the halides.
I noticed when I plugged it in that the actinic switch only powers two bulbs? The daylight powers 4 which is one of the actinics?
Anyone else see this issue or is this normal? I want to be able to use all three actinics for a dusk to dawn affect but don't know how to do so.
Any suggestions anyone has is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Spankey!

spankey

Well after looking at the booklet that was in the box it turns out this is how the current fixture is set up? doesn't make sense why one ballast is driving two bulbs and the other is driving 4? I sure hope one is bigger than the other if this is the true case????
Anyone ever inquire about this with current?
Spankey!

gb387

FWIW... I have a Nova Extreme 8X54 and its switched 4 and 4, even like I assume you would like your to be. I am no expert, you are likely far more knowledgeable than me but I wish it was switched something like 2 and 6, seems to me all 4 actinics on at first is a little too much light for the dawn/dusk look. Just my thought, who knows! Nothing really to do with your situation but just a thought I had when I first turned on my lights after I bought it.

skinsfan

I've had my 6 x 39 for since Feb. and thats how its switched ( 2 and 4). Does'nt seem to be a problem. I think if I had all three actnics on at once it would be too bright for dawn or dusk.
G