new tank came in today. "diary"

lazypinoy

ok heres the beginning of another tank. remember this crap tank?
well yea thats gonna be sold soon as it sits all empty in the garage.
heres the new one. the 125!!

ill post up every step. ahaha wish i knew how to post a video so u can hear me and my brother swear at each other as we put it up together. lol

O

oreo12

I allways liked your old fish bowl. How Big is it?ish i lived close to you I would like to have a cool looking fish bowl like that one you call carp.

lazypinoy

well the "crap tank" wasnt big enough for anything except the canister so i had to leave the lid open to have a skimmer and uv. it was a 55. the new one is dirty because it stayed in the store for 4 weeks because the stand and canopy was being made. so yeah imma clean it before i add fish.
i still havent put anywater in yet because the sump they gave me cant fit through the doors so imma downgrade from a 30gal to maybe a 24. itll look better once its filled and im pretty sure it will look better than my fish bowl!
i already sold that tank though for about 150$ from the price i payed 300$ with the 150$ imm go by 50 punds of LR with it.

lazypinoy

maybe i shouldnt call it the crap tank kinda sounds ungrateful for what i get in life as other people cant afford it.
. well anyways my FIRST tank was a 55 gallon. after being aressted by the tang police and having my copper band, 2 algae blennies, a foxface die of nitrates problems i bought a 120 gallon. it wasnt that the first tank was reall y crap it just a) couldnt house some of the equipment b)had high nitrates probs to over population and no room for a sump or overflow.

lazypinoy

ok finally got the 20gallon sump. so heres what i did today.
tested with FW.

tested sump capabilities of handling a blackout.

plugged
unplugged

. things check good and drained.

dry sand is washed. live sand is placed directly.

and now i ran out of water and will buy some more tommrow and add in the rest of the 40gallons of old water.

lazypinoy

well i just got the biggest shock ever. well the drain tube that leads to the sump tipped over yesterday and splashed inside the stand for awhile. then i stupidly held the plugs while the cord was still plugged and got schoed. i felt the tingle for a good 10 seconds.my brother came to look and was freaked out. i didnt want to unplug the cord because i was afraid that the return pump would leak more water into the sump(fixed that today with a check valve
). well i was scared that this might happen again so i purchased this today and placed bricks on the drain tube lid.

also bought another round of 40gallons.

inside my overflow (anyone kno how to stop that stupid waterfall noise?)

earlier today.

lazypinoy

added more fish today.
my stocklist so far is
lrg yellow tang
small yellow tang
2 tomato clowns
small hippo tang
large hippo tang
med naso tang
flame angel
(soon to be added)
pygmy angel (dont tell me about campatabilty..
)
6 line wrass
Large powder Blue tang(for the main attraction)
. is it to large??????????????
oh and 35 hermits.
10 turbos snails
10 cone sanils
4 N. Snails
one coral banded
and 2 cleaner chrimp

canopy comes sat. with 3 vhos 2 true blue and 10,000k
ill take full tank shot of what tank looks like right now tommorow night.

lazypinoy

ahahaaha i gotta borrow my sisters camm. ive been using my phone cam and its only 1.3 mega pixels!
. all i want for christmas is a 7+ megapixel cam! anyone wanna donate to Lazypinoy Needs a Cam Foundation for the Unfortunate? :hilarious