new tank came in today. "diary"

mitremark

If you will use Durso standpipes or something similar you will loose the waterfall noise from your overflows. Check out DursoStandpipes.com. I use them, built them myself (very easy), and I have very little noise.

lazypinoy

Originally Posted by mitremark
If you will use Durso standpipes or something similar you will loose the waterfall noise from your overflows. Check out DursoStandpipes.com. I use them, built them myself (very easy), and I have very little noise.
wow thats just genious and looks like all the pvc pipes and things i need to buy would cost less than 20$ at homedepot. hey since my thing is already running and im for sure my drain has threading on it, cant i just make the pipe and place and twist it in without moving nor removing anything?

lazypinoy

well i mad'em! thx for the info mitremark. if u didnt tell me about this i would have bee a real dumb person and just stuffed the overflow with floss.

spent:$9.45
time to build: 5 mins
noise: .05
for the the hole at the endcap i made a 1/4 hole
vho's came and are super bright. need to take it back though cuz they dindt install enough brackets to keep it up. (kept falling off canopy.
)
installed 2 seio water pumps 820's. good waterflow just for 2 pumps and amazingly under 20watts each! although it had trouble restarting without a few taps. (wouldnt use on wavemaker)
transfering corals using my "cup method for temp acclim." from my 15 gallon reef

lazypinoy

bought some test kits. from API. u kno the fish with the doc suit.

test include:
carbnate hardness
calcium
nitrite
nitrate
ph
phosphate
ammonia
took apart 15g reef

[
stocked on supplies

clear now!

lazypinoy

Originally Posted by fanker
what r u using for lights? where those vho's or t-5s?
believe it or not but the lfs said t-5 80watts werent as good as helios 140watt t-6 vho's. so he hooked it up with the 3 vho's. he said i had to buy more t-5's (about 4+). then he said i could just get 3 vhos to get the equivelent output. so i did the math and just went along with it.(iono if all he said was true but since he owns a store ill just take his word for it.) oh and the tank is #%@$! finshed today! now i can just watch and add corals and no more crap. the transiton from a 55 to a 125 was frustrating but well worth it! :cheer: (total spent in this project: approx: 1500-2200)
heres the pics:
offcially finshed 1.56pm
tank under just 1 true blue vho.

lazypinoy

Originally Posted by JayC
Lookin good!! I just setup my 125gal about a month ago. Got any new pics?
-Josh
how long did it take you? and were u ever frustrated whiles seting it up???

jayc

About 2 days. From time to time, yea! But I made it through.
By the way your tank looks good! Cleared up alot!!
-Josh

lazypinoy

well its been awhile. ill post pics up later on today.
i have a new stocklist.
FISH
2 yellow tang
2 blue tang
2 tomato clowns
1flame angel
1 pygymy angel
2 firefish
1powderblue
2 anthias
1 pipefish
total: 14