New tank cycled. ? about fish

jodilynn

My 29 gallon tank has 25 lbs live rock, Skiltor 250, crushed coral as substrate and is housing (for 3 1/2 weeks now) 3 dominos. My husband and I tested the water and the PH is 8.2, nitrate >10 mg/l, nitrite 0, ammonia 0.1 mg/l. We are going to sell back the dominos to the fish store and adding purple firefish, neon goby and cherub angel that we ordered from saltwaterfish.com. They will be here this week or next. If we are substituting 3 fish for 3 fish will there NOT be a problem with the bioload? Also, will it matter if the dominos are gone, say on a Tuesday and the new fish arrive on say, Friday. Will that have any effect on the bioload?

twoods71

A newly cycled tank is very delicate. If there is no ammonia source available for a period of time the nitrifying bacteria will eventually die. Giving a period of about 4 days I do not think there will be a problem.
When the new fish are introduced however I would not be surprised to see a "miny cycle". I wouldnt think anything that would be fatal to the fish though.