New Tank Design

jmick

I am in the process of downsizing from my 120 AGA to a smaller set up and wanted to get some feed back before I buy my new tank.
I'd like to get a custom made 40 or 60 gallon rimless tank either 24x24x16 or 24x24x24. I'd like to get it with Starfire glass but haven't seen it in person, is it worth the extra money? Also, it will be reef ready but I'm not sure if I want it drilled with bulkhead or with an overflow built in, I like overflows but on my current set up I have issues with fish getting trapped and getting them out is a pain.
I've checked out glasscages and their prices are really good but have had no experience, any thoughts?

wangotango

I've never owned a glasscages tank so I can't give you my personal opinion of them but I've heard a lot of things positive and negative about them. Some people say that GC tanks are the best they've owned, others say they're crap and have had problems with them. I've heard mostly bad things about their customer service though. Don't want to scare you away from them, but just throwing out what I've heard...
Starfire is much clearer than regular glass, and won't distort the colors you see. IMO, much worth the extra cost. I'd go overflow box, you can always cover the top with eggcrate.
-Justin