New Tank: I would like to add these fish, are they ok?

lynziejean

Hello everyone!
We have a 75 gallon tank that has been set up for about 3 weeks. We have about 50 lbs of live rock. Also live sand. We have power compact lights (2 10k and 2 actinic bulbs). We have a refugium sump. We added two gold banded clownfish yesterday. They bonded with each other and the LFS said that we should buy both because that doesn't happen very often. We plan on adding some more live rock about 25 more lbs.
We have
2 gold banded clownfish (bonded)
17 crabs
4 snails
50 lbs live rock
We Want
1 Flame Angel
Blue Hippo Tang or Nass Tang (don't know if we can have both) We would like both if they will get along together.
1 Royal Gramma
1 Firefish Goby
We would not put all of these fish in at one time. We are going to wait a while before we starting adding more fish. Waiting until our tank matures.
Do we want to many fish for a 75 gallon tank? Will these fish get along well together? We are going to have a reef tank and these are all reef safe. We aren't adding any coral for about four months.
We are trying to do our research before we make any definite decisions. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Lindsay & Jonathan

travis89

The fish you want will be fine except you should have at least a 100 gal tank for a blue hippo tang so I wouldn't suggest putting one in unless you are going to buy bigger tank in a couple years. The Naso needs at least 150 once fully grown. Some other fish you could get is some sort of wrasse, anthia, blennie, or a damsel would all be good types of fish.

birdy

With a 75gallon tank I would recommend only one tang, as Travis said both of your tang choices will quickly outgrow your 75gallon, although some people buy small tangs then trade them back to the LFS when they grow to large for the tank.
Some other tang options for a 75gallon would be:
yellow tang, scopas tang, kole tang.
you should be aware that your clownfish (I assume they are maroon gold stripes) will become aggressive as they mature, and you may have trouble with them.
You may want to re-think the firefish goby, your other fish on your list are semi-aggressive and the goby is a very timid fish and may have trouble.