New Tank in Progress Day 1

ljroman85

How do you plan to cycle your tank? I just tested mine and its pretty high in my numbers but hoping they will fall fast

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by LJRoman85
How do you plan to cycle your tank? I just tested mine and its pretty high in my numbers but hoping they will fall fast
I'm just cycling with fish food for now until I get my rocks in there. Got the lights today, now just waiting for my canopy to be built. :happyfish

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by Phixer
Thanks for the photos.
No problem, more will be updated tomorrow night when I get hawaiian base rocks in there. Talking to a local reefer about giving me a good deal on a 100lbs of LR. :happyfish

mikeyjer

There's ALL kinds of life on these rocks. Bad and Good, mojano anemoe, aiptasia anemone, tulip anemone, bristle worms, pods, algae of different kind, serpant star, a couple of corals. Now just waiting for my canopy to get here. :happyfish
Been treating with joe's juice as well for those mojano and aiptasia.

drewsta

You can also inject pure calcium into the aptasia with a steralized needle then bye bye in a matter of minutes

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by Drewsta
You can also inject pure calcium into the aptasia with a steralized needle then bye bye in a matter of minutes

Joe's Juice works well for Aiptasia and Majano anemone in my experience. I'm gonna keep on nuking them nightly. I can't believe I have a bunch of baby serpant stars in my tank though.... :happyfish

mikeyjer

The tank is coming along great, it cycled less then a week. I have a Bar Goby, 2 Peppermint Shrimp, 19 Cerith Snails, and a Hermit Crab in there right now. That does not count the Serpant Stars or the Snails that came as a hitchhiker, unsure numbers for these types of hitchhikers as I have seen about 12 that I can count for the serpant stars and about 6 hitchhiker snails. Here's the post I've made last week for my new canopy. :happyfish
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/showthread.php?t=215451

mikeyjer

I'll post new pictures when I get my MH's installed, been really busy with quitting my job and starting a new one....Plus preparing for my meeting next week, I'm hosting a meeting for the reef club for June.... :happyfish