new tank mates

chythn71

looking for a new tank mate that will be ok with a volitan lion,niger trigger and a sfe eel any ideas

cincyreefer

I would get a large clownfish... I really like the larger Tomato and Clarks, although a larger maroon clown would be awesome if you can find one.

chythn71

the lion is about 5 inches and he is a vilont one the trigger is about 2 inches but they seem to get along fine i was thinking about getting a panda puffer

I

irenicus

I'd be careful with a clown, could be food after awhile, even if it is the larger species.
I have a puffer and lion together and they interact nicely. It has been reported that sometimes puffers will nip at the lions fins though I think this happens more with smaller tobies.
Wrasses are also an excellent choice for their color and character.

chythn71

i had a dog face puffer in there but when i was away on vacation it so hott in the tank he didnt make it along with my foxface my puffer and lion got along real nice

lion_crazz

My two puffers get along very well with my lionfish. I have never even seen my blue spot toby act aggressively or try to nip the lion's fins. A small puffer should be fine in that tank. You could also try a smaller species of grouper. Just be careful which species you choose because some get huge, and some are quite nasty.

chythn71

i just scored a deal for a 175 bowfront i think im goin with another puffer nice and easy to care for