new tank stand in the works

N

newreefers

the new stand almost done, the canopy will be next. made of white oak with the fish being hand carved from different wood for color, no stain, just clear varnish on them

justinx

Are those fish hand carved, or purchased? If they are hand carved, you could make a LOT of money selling stands.

richard rendos

Wow...great work.
Justin - it says in the first post, HAND CARVED...so I would say that they are probably hand-carved. : )

dive1

I know how you feel...stand looks great...adds the personal touch..I just got thru making my stand with help from a friend.. took couple of months before final touches....I was wore out.I was able to find some Tropical Mahogany. Tank has been upgraded from a 110gal to this 240gal for about 6wks now so still have some fine tuning and ageing to do. Good luck with you project.

kreach

Hopefully you won't mind giving up your secret on how you carved those fish and what sort of wood you used.
My husband is an artist who has taken up woodworking. I showed him the picture of your stand and he would love to know how you did the fish carvings so that he might try to do something similar for our tank. :)

N

newreefers

As much as I would like to, I can't take credit for the work. I had it done by someone else.

plum70rt

Wow very nice, Looking great:) if you know if that person who carved those, wants to make some more let me know